Solid Body Electric Eleuke Jazz Concert Cutaway for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

steel rider

Reaction score
I don't use it much beyond silent practice, and I seem to be one of the few people who doesn't like to have too many ukes (given that my Cocobolo is on the way).

It is in very good condition. Originally set up by Mim. When I changed the strings from Aquila to Worth Brown low g there was a slight buzz. Rather than make any permanent changes I simply put a little cardboard in the nut slot. No problems since!

Comes with the padded Eleuke case.

Manufacturer site: http://www.eleuke.com/#!jazz-series/c153y

Though I highly prefer local sale it seems that is difficult. Will sell $135 local or $150 shipped CONUS.

Also open to trades including an external pre-amp (to use with K&K pickup) or a pocket/tiny ukulele.

Thanks,
Tim

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
is there a buzz if its tuned in high G? looking a nylon string electric (i have a steel string) still for sale?
if the buzz isn't present for high G may be interested.

is there a buzz if its tuned in high G? looking a nylon string electric (i have a steel string) still for sale?
if the buzz isn't present for high G may be interested.

It was high g when I got it and didn't buzz. The buzz started when I changed strings.

It was high g when I got it and didn't buzz. The buzz started when I changed strings.

Sent you a PM.
The Eleuke is a good uke in very good condition. I purposely didn't change the nut or raise the action when I noticed the buzz after changing the strings. The previous strings were Aquila with high g. I think changing to Worth Brown flourocarbon with low g gave it a unique combination of suddenly having thinner 1-3 strings and a thicker 4th, which caused the buzz.
I don't have a set of Aquila's to put on and test. The uke is still in the same condition as set up by Mim, so I'm hoping my openness isn't giving people pause.

Looking to buy an electric Uke for my husband, who is in love with the $30 POS acoustic I bought him a few years ago for Christmas. He's asked for an electric one - not "one of those acoustic ones with an amp", so I think he wants a solid body. This seems like a good pick for him. I want to get him something with a bit of quality, not something that's bottom of the barrel cheap. Is this a good match for him? In a forum like this, I trust people. So if you say it's a good match, I'll buy it. (I'm in Ohio, BTW).

Looking to buy an electric Uke for my husband, who is in love with the $30 POS acoustic I bought him a few years ago for Christmas. He's asked for an electric one - not "one of those acoustic ones with an amp", so I think he wants a solid body. This seems like a good pick for him. I want to get him something with a bit of quality, not something that's bottom of the barrel cheap. Is this a good match for him? In a forum like this, I trust people. So if you say it's a good match, I'll buy it. (I'm in Ohio, BTW).

Well that's a lot of trust indeed. I think you can do some quick research to see what people think rather than trust the seller! :)

It does sound like a good fit though. This is not a super high end uke obviously but it's a very good one. I actually pulled mine out again because I like the ability to plug headphones directly into it and play silently. It's just that I have six ukuleles and can only manage to play 3 or 4.

Here is a review string from UU forums: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?31897-Eleuke-Jazz-Concert-Review

This is just a bunch of Eleuke videos, some of which are damn inspiring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk2aIziF7Es&list=RDJk2aIziF7Es#t=33

I'm in CA.

Thanks,
Tim

Awesome! And why trust you? I am involved with a completely different hobby (pinball), but I know what a forum for people who really love something looks like. If anyone thought you were ripping me off, there'd probably be 10 posts tomorrow warning me by tomorrow morning.

Anyway, now I know he'll be thrilled with it. And I appreciate that it has a headphone jack, so I don't have to yell "Stop playing, it's three in the morning!". It doesn't have to get here by Christmas, but it would be cool if it did. What's the easiest way to do this? This forum doesn't seem to have private messages, so post your e-mail I guess? I'll send payment tomorrow evening. I just want to hear the videos, but if I do it from home he'll get suspicious. :)

Oh then you should visit the Pinball Museum in Alameda! They are fundraising to put it into an historic building which will be nice.

I sent you a PM with payment information.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom