Thread: Mahalo Ukulele Review / Ghettofied Lutherie

Default Mahalo Ukulele Review / Ghettofied Lutherie

I got a Mahalo for my birthday... click for a review, some ghettofied lutherie tips for beginners, some playing, and some manicure advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpzAC...e=channel_page

I hope it helps someone out there!
    YouTube! Soundclick!
    HEY MIM -> D I C K L E S !
    - John Eller is the Man -
    PM me if I know you and we aren't Facebook friends!

wow! I just got the same mahalo, and am having similar intonation problems! It's my first uke, so I really have nothing to compare it to, but I may just have to get my wife's nail files out and make some adjustments to the nut... Thanks for a killer review, I really appreciated it (and loved hearing my ukulele sound so good! I'm going to check out the Staten Slider guy right now).

That was really good! i thoroughly enjoyed your review, your playing was lovely.

thanks!

thanks man...just sorting out me new mahalo !!

I bought 7 of the cheap painted Mahalo's for Christmas gifts in 2011. I kept a green one for visiting grandchildren. I changed the strings to Aquilad and made sure the shop did setups on them.
    I' m sure the other 6 are gathering dust because none of the grandkids have calmed to say "check out my song".
    With good strings they can play a song.

I wish you would have spent as much time teaching us the tab for for the song you played as you did talking about your wife's nail file.

My first (of two, so far) ukes is a painted Maholo soprano and, according to my digi tuner, the intonation is spot on. Aqulillas (which indeed are milky white and cheap looking) made it sound a bit warmer with more sustain. I think for $40 it's a great travell/camping uke. It is what it is.

The new Martin stays at home.

Thread Information