if you're miserable and you know it... post a vid!

And since all blues songs are about being miserable and knowing it, here's a blues piece I wrote a couple of days ago.

And since all blues songs are about being miserable and knowing it ....

Oh, is that the rule? I only know how to write happy blues! Are we allowed to post those here? When I am miserable and know it ... not that that happens often ... I sing happy songs to get me back to being happy.

I've written two blues songs and they are both ridiculously happy fluffy songs.

Oh, is that the rule? I only know how to write happy blues! Are we allowed to post those here? When I am miserable and know it ... not that that happens often ... I sing happy songs to get me back to being happy.

I've written two blues songs and they are both ridiculously happy fluffy songs.

I'm sorry, I forgot to use the sarcasm tags.

This is another song by Kathy Dalton. I previously posted her "Pour Your Wine" in this thread.

I've been trying to figure out a decent strum for this for like 2 years.

I'm sorry, I forgot to use the sarcasm tags.

Somewhere there's a thread about how to write a blues song, or rules for blues songs, or some such. A couple years ago, a few of us were thinking to write one that breaks all the rules, or does the opposite of each rule. I still haven't done exactly that, but I do seem to keep writing blues songs that, well, do not exactly fit them. That'd be a fun Season theme, come to think of it. :)

What is this blasphemy of 'happy blues'?

To me, 'The Blues' is kinda like the 'black-and-blue' you get on your thumb when you miss with the hammer, but instead, the pain is in your heart, at the seat of your soul. It's a dull ache that ebbs and flows, and when the tide goes out, taken with it is all joy and hope, still leaving behind the dull ache to resonate in a hollow, dark place.

What is this blasphemy of 'happy blues'?

To me, 'The Blues' is kinda like the 'black-and-blue' you get on your thumb when you miss with the hammer, but instead, the pain is in your heart, at the seat of your soul. It's a dull ache that ebbs and flows, and when the tide goes out, taken with it is all joy and hope, still leaving behind the dull ache to resonate in a hollow, dark place.

Yes, I agree. At best it can be a "blues parody," which is what I consider happy songs I've written in blues form.

Top Bottom