So it's April now

APRIL FOOLS! There was never gonna be any!!!! Ah Kala got you! :D

Ya'll talking about the solid koa and acaicia wood kala? THose have been out for a week now. I'v got three of them already and they are cherry. Man they sound good. The price was great on them as well. And i guess this was a useless attempt at an April Fools joke. I am waiting like you guys but normally April/May time frame means middle to end of April and beginning to anytime in May.

Acacia Wood Kala

Ya'll talking about the solid koa and acaicia wood kala? THose have been out for a week now. I'v got three of them already and they are cherry. Man they sound good. The price was great on them as well. And i guess this was a useless attempt at an April Fools joke. I am waiting like you guys but normally April/May time frame means middle to end of April and beginning to anytime in May.

Wow... where did you get them? It's always difficult to get new instruments here in Europe. I've asked Risa and they said "Not before August `09". But maybe there's an online shop offering the Kala Acacia already?? Any advice?

Wow... where did you get them? It's always difficult to get new instruments here in Europe. I've asked Risa and they said "Not before August `09". But maybe there's an online shop offering the Kala Acacia already?? Any advice?

I think he was kidding. He said it was an attempt at an April Fools joke. I don't think there are very many of the new Kala's out anywhere yet.

I cudda sworn I saw one on Ebay already... MGM wasn't it, the tenor model? Wasn't up very long before it was bought though... I don't know, maybe it was just another hallucination. Damn bats! Oh well, you'll find out soon enough. :nana::mad::wallbash::cool:

I cudda sworn I saw one on Ebay already... MGM wasn't it, the tenor model? Wasn't up very long before it was bought though... I don't know, maybe it was just another hallucination. Damn bats! Oh well, you'll find out soon enough.

I believe he gets some prototypes or preview models which he auctions off before the regular production instruments arrive.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my accacia tenor .. it should arrive in a week or so. It will be the one that Risa have for display on Musikmesse. I asked Rigk long time ago about this instrument and he promissed to sell it to me after Musikmesse ... and now everything is set up and I'm waiting for my package :D

I'm waiting for my accacia tenor .. it should arrive in a week or so. It will be the one that Risa have for display on Musikmesse. I asked Rigk long time ago about this instrument and he promissed to sell it to me after Musikmesse ... and now everything is set up and I'm waiting for my package :D

I just think it's awesome that there are ukulele players in Poland! :shaka:

Just think what the World would be like if we replaced every military weapon with ukuleles. :nana: World peace thru ukuleles, nah, never happen but just a thought. ;)

Totally agree. Peace, love and ukulele :shaka:

You know, I think it's a shame that I have to become 34 years of age to come across this instrument! Uke-playing should become an obligatory subject in schools around the world! You have to go to the roots to make a change. Man, how I would have loved to play this as a kid! And imagine my uke skills now, if I had started playing that early!!! *sigh* :rolleyes:

You know, I think it's a shame that I have to become 34 years of age to come across this instrument! Uke-playing should become an obligatory subject in schools around the world! You have to go to the roots to make a change. Man, how I would have loved to play this as a kid! And imagine my uke skills now, if I had started playing that early!!! *sigh* :rolleyes:

Yeah. I started to play ukulele about 2 years ago and I'm 26 now, but before that I used to go to music school and even have a diploma saying that I'm a classical guitarist :p, so it was really much easier for me to start learning ukulele. There is a lot of similarities, but also a lot of diffrences in the way of playing on those two instruments. But I love the sound - the beauty of sound was the reason for me to start playing classical guitar, I just love how it sounds - and the same thing happened to me with ukulele. Ukulele is totally unknown instrument in Poland, when people see me playing (I sometimes try to play something at jazz jams in jazz club in my hometown) they always ask "Hey man, what is this ?", and if not Jake's youtube video, I wouldn't even know that such an amazing instrument exists.
And thanks to you guys, I learned that ukulele is not only the music, it is also a spirit of aloha and the way of living.
The age is not important, if you want to play good and feel a musical vocation, you will succeed, thats what I think.

Anyway, I promise to make a review when my Kala Acaccia finally arrives :shaka:

Yeah. I started to play ukulele about 2 years ago and I'm 26 now, but before that I used to go to music school and even have a diploma saying that I'm a classical guitarist :p, so it was really much easier for me to start learning ukulele. There is a lot of similarities, but also a lot of diffrences in the way of playing on those two instruments. But I love the sound - the beauty of sound was the reason for me to start playing classical guitar, I just love how it sounds - and the same thing happened to me with ukulele. Ukulele is totally unknown instrument in Poland, when people see me playing (I sometimes try to play something at jazz jams in jazz club in my hometown) they always ask "Hey man, what is this ?", and if not Jake's youtube video, I wouldn't even know that such an amazing instrument exists.
And thanks to you guys, I learned that ukulele is not only the music, it is also a spirit of aloha and the way of living.
The age is not important, if you want to play good and feel a musical vocation, you will succeed, thats what I think.

Anyway, I promise to make a review when my Kala Acaccia finally arrives :shaka:

Where did you order your Kala Acacia?? Is it the tenor size? I've seen this instrument on YouTube and I've fallen in love instantly. I wrote an e-mail to Risa Instruments (Rigk Sauer) and he said that the Acacia Series will only be available in Europe in August this year.

Where did you order your Kala Acacia?? Is it the tenor size? I've seen this instrument on YouTube and I've fallen in love instantly. I wrote an e-mail to Risa Instruments (Rigk Sauer) and he said that the Acacia Series will only be available in Europe in August this year.

Wahh... I should have read everything first!! So you're probably the only person in Europe who has a Kala Acacia before August!! Wow!!! Please, please, make a review - I'd love to see it!

Wahh... I should have read everything first!! So you're probably the only person in Europe who has a Kala Acacia before August!! Wow!!! Please, please, make a review - I'd love to see it!

I will make a review as I promissed, with photos, sound samples and maybe a video. I checked shipment tracking and it is on the border now, It should come propably in the begining of the next week.

Top Bottom