Beltona Type 2 Tenor Resonator - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Ha!...it's about time the Beltona ukuleles get some love!

I have a black, New Zealand soprano Style 1 and I'm appreciating it more and more....once again. I tried to give this uke away a couple of years ago because it wasn't getting the play it deserved as they say. When I say Give Away, I mean $400 US dollars shipped with case whithin the US. This apparently wasn't cheap enough.

At this point. I'm so happy I did not get a response.

Great review...it applies to more Beltona sizes other than just the tenor.

BTW...I will be hanging on to my Beltona soprano!

Wm.

Yeah - definitely instruments to keep!

Well as they are made in UK, you would be paying £850 at US exchange - so about $1300 before shipping.

Loved your review! Now I have to add yet another uke to my wish list!

Think a few are adding these to wish lists Kristi - nice to review an instrument that doesn't create division and people see it for what it is - a wonderful musical instrument!

I love my Beltona-- it really has that smoky Mississippi Delta blues tone. It's the first resonator uke I ever played that really delivered on tone the way I wanted it to.

I have a Beltona concert (blue 2 which is like the style 2) when they were in NZ. It is nice and I had an ivroid binding and fretboard binding and a pearloid head plate installed.

Nice review. The Fiberglass body must make it really light because you're single-handedly holding it very easily. I had a Gold Tone resonator that was way too heavy.

Yeah, the lack of weight is staggering really - lighter than some wooden tenors I have played

I did indeed. No slur on the uke - needed the money to fund something else

Steve IS a luthier!

No - we have no factory production but very few countries do.

Actually whilst Steve is from the UK, for many years he lived in New Zealand and made them there.

Top Bottom