Anyone try the new Goldtone baritone scale banjo ukulele?

uketanzon

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one.....sound cool...banjo uke in baritone scale..
And I guess if you wanted you can put some Bari length gcea on on as well. Like the flexibility of that.

Anyone have one.....can give some feedback...

Also as FYI....Deering is coming out with a tenor size goodtime banjo uke in Jan.

They've had a baritone banjo-uke for several years now. I tried one that a friend had a couple of years ago, and didn't care for it. Just too mellow for me. I have their tenor banjo-uke, and although they recommend dGBE tuning on it, I tune it up to gCEA and absolutely love the sound. It is my second-favorite uke.

- FiL

Thanks for bring me up to date. Yes, I was thinking would it be a bit too mellow...for a Banjo..
Any experience with the Deering goodtime verses the Goldtone. .....?..

I have 4 baritones of my own, and just got in the 19 fret and a 17 fret tenor scale 4 string Morgan Monroe. Even the 17 fret drives me crazy with the space between frets being much larger than the concert scale banjo-ukuleles. I am considering taking one of my 11 inch across the head banjo mandolins for conversion to mando tuning with only four strings rather than the usual 8. With the 13 inch reflector to the front, there is no lacking o fprojection.

I have the Deering in gCEA and the Goldtone baritone in DGBE (low 4th). Love them both, but they are very different beasts. The Goldtone is a lovely instrument, and it's kind of my 'stealth tenor banjo' (I play Chicago tuned ternor banjo, but I can't really take that to a uke festival, so I take the Gold Tone!) It's really good for mellow song accompaniment.

Top Bottom