Blues Ukulele Book?

#4horse

Reaction score
I'm looking for books (or for that matter web-based resources) on learning how to play the blues on the ukulele. If you have recommendations, please also indicate the experience level that book/resource is suitable for. Many thanks!

Glen Rose has some youtube videos showing his jazz and blues Uke systems. A friend of mine has the jazz one and its a pretty neat way of learning it. Just search for Glen Rose Blues Ukulele.

Thank you all for your excellent suggestions. The resources you've mentioned are spot on. Have a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving!

I might be a bit late to the party, but I have Fred Sokolow: Blues Ukulele, Kev's Quickstart Ukulele Blues Licks Tricks & More Uke and Hal Leonard Ukulele Method: Blues Ukulele.

There is useful information in all of them, Fred's book is better for learning songs and the other two are better for learning a few basics.

I have Rev's book and LOVE Daddy Stovepipe, he got me searching for vintage parlor guitars. I now have three circa the 1920s. They all have some issues but all have new radiused fretboards, which I like, and they have TONS of character! Uke blues stuff transfers to the guitar, and some vice versa. Check out COVEYWOOD on YT as well.

Great suggestions here. Thanks!

Top Bottom