Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Europa by Santana

Default Europa by Santana

whats happenin U.U.ers

right now ive been listening to some Santana on 107.7 the Bone and i cant help but to want to play some Santana every time i hear a song. Tropicalstormhawaii.com has the tabs, but i was wondering if anyone knew how to play it or the strum pattern of any sort. its mostly all picking, but i know there's a melody in it.

Fred, I started working on putting together a cross between Brittni's Youtube version and Herb Jr.'s studio version but I haven't gotten very far. It's a little tougher than I thought it might be to get the melody to come through while moving between the chord changes.

Hopefully, when I find time to get back to it maybe it will come a little easier.
    Time will tell.
    --------------------------------------
    Dominator

Dominator Ukulele Tabs
    Dominator on MySpace
    Dominator on Youtube
    Practice Makes Practice Perfect

sweet. Dominator, you really out-do yourself.

ya ive been working in just the picking so far. hopefully i can gain more thant that over time.

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

I know the chord progression to the one that Pure Heart did on their first album.

Try this progression (Key of Dm):
    Gm, C7, F, Am, Dm, Gm, A7, Dm, A7, Dm

I think Santana does it in the key of Bm... I'm too lazy to transpose hahaha.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

When I back up Aldrine i play some weird chords taught to me by our friend Keane. I have no idea what the chords are named but I can make a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrine Guerrero View Post
    Try this progression (Key of Dm):
    Gm, C7, F, Am, Dm, Gm, A7, Dm, A7, Dm

I think Santana does it in the key of Bm... I'm too lazy to transpose hahaha.
    These are the chords Aldrine showed me when we jammed and traded solos.
    I'm pretty sure Jake just repeated this series of chords throughout the song leaving out the change from minor to major that Santana used every other time through the progression. Carlos plays it in Bb in the studio recording I have. The opening chord being Bb7sus4 to Bb7.

For the minor to major thing he plays a Cm the first time and then a Cmaj7 the next. Brittni actually emulates this change however she uses a C#minor to do so. Brittni plays it in Dm.
    Dominator

Dominator Ukulele Tabs
    Dominator on MySpace
    Dominator on Youtube

thanks rayan, aldrine and dominator.

the only thing im lost on is putting them to fit the picking. is it possible i can view a short 5-10 second clip with a few chords and picking?

Oh my gosh...thank you aldrine and dominator so much, for attempting this. Fred, thanks for suggesting it also. I have tried and failed miserably to make some tabs for this song. I tried repeatedly to decipher herb ohta jr's rendition. But when daniel ho starts I get messed up. I have a poor musical ear, and I get so frustrated rewinding and rewinding the youtube video's and not progressing.
    This will help so much. I can't wait. You guys are the best.

Ok, it's a little more than 15 seconds but I recorded a video of the first sections (after the intro) that incorporate the melody and chords. This is similar to what Brittni is playing.

My fingers are long and crooked so it makes it hard to see exactly which strings I am fretting sometimes. The chords are:
    Dm, G7, Cmaj7, F (maybe it should be called something else but I play what we all know as an F chord), Dm/B (B is played in the bass on the low G string), E7, Am and instead of going back to the E7 and then to the Am I am just holding the Am and adding the B note at the 2nd fret of the 1st A string and then the C note on the same string and ending with a harmonic at the 12th fret using the 1st two strings only. Gosh, I hope this makes sense.

The last chord where the progression is supposed to change to a major ----Brittnie uses a C# minor.
    Well, I hope this helps you get a feel for combing the melody with the chords.

Oh, here is the Youtube Link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CztzNFW7NsA

Dm= 2210
    G7= 0212
    Cmaj7= 0002
    F= 2010
    Dm/B= 4210
    E7= 1202
    Am= 2000, 2002, 2003 then the harmonics at xx(12)(12)
    C#m= 6444
    Dominator

Dominator Ukulele Tabs
    Dominator on MySpace
    Dominator on Youtube

Dom, i am jealous of how you are such an over-achiever on things so well and perfectly!!!! im jealous! haha

thank you so much bro. you are too kind.

Thread Information