First Public Performance is for the Birds

rappsy

Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up.

Over the weekend, my wife and I took a trip to the west coast of Florida to St. Pete Beach and I bought my Uke. (Before I hear about it, no, I did not leave it in the trunk. :cool: )

One of the mornings, I decided to take it with me onto the beach and sat in one of the chairs and started playing. Shortly after, I heard a noise and looked up to see a pigeon on the wires directly above my head.

Thinking ahead, I picked myself off the chair and walked around playing. 20 or so minutes later, I come back to the original chair and the pigeon had christened the chair with his decidedly unflattering comments about my playing. If I been sitting, it would have changed my hair color.

This is my first public performance. One for the books.

...on your wedding day.

Lenny that was too funny, good thing you had the foresight to move before the dye-job :stop:

Seagulls have very bad taste anyways. I mean they eat garbage all day so their opinion holds no weight what so ever. Now if you had of been sprayed by a skunk..........

BE happy it wasn't a pelican

And Don't Worry about a thing. It will be all right, even if future audiences continue to display their poor taste in music and musicians. You've still got friends here.

The bird must have been a guitar player. They're always crapping on us.

My first public playing with my new Moore Bettah was in one of the gardens/parks at Honolulu Airport as we were flying back home. I didn't realize we were near a door for Hawaiian Airlines employees and I soon had a group of six training employees standing behind me and listening (thank goodness I had no idea). They left and were followed by a bevy of those little Hawaiian doves (you know, the kind that makes the distinctive-to-Hawaii 'coocoo coocoo' sounds?). The doves clustered around me as I played. And no poop.birds and me.jpg

Top Bottom