New Vorson $25 plastic concert uke

They're down to $20.95 with free shipping now. I just took the plunge on a black one. At least it looks from the pictures like the saddle is adjustable, unlike on the Watermans. We'll see how it sounds.

They're down to $20.95 with free shipping now. I just took the plunge on a black one. At least it looks from the pictures like the saddle is adjustable, unlike on the Watermans. We'll see how it sounds.

Man.. $21 delivered is really hard to say no to.

Man.. $21 delivered is really hard to say no to.

Not really. My CFO caught me looking at it and she said no without any hesitation.

Well I ordered one too. We need a cheap but functional Uke line-up for a Uke class I am teaching to a homeschool co-op. So that was a good enough excuse to try this one out.

Just earlier tonight ordered a concert Aqualele from Mim, so I'm out. But, I am interested to hear what y'all think about these instruments.

In my comments at checkout I said, "At this price all it has to do is not suck." If it isn't terrible and will play and hold tune for a song, then I'll be pretty happy.

D'OH! I bought two @ 24.95.

I bought a Korala Explore a few months ago. Filed down the nut slots, swapped the stock plastic saddle for a bone one and put some Martin strings on it and... it still sounded terrible :p

Just kidding, it actually sounded pretty decent considering the price. Like, it could hold its own against, say, a Makaka or something else in that entry-level laminate ballpark.

It did end up at the local charity shop but that was just because I was having 'a bit of a sort out'.

There's a good chance I will buy another one as the model makes a good victim for my ghetto luthiery experiments (mwah ha ha).

D'OH! I bought two @ 24.95.

I just chatted with customer service with my order # and requested a refund of the difference. They granted it - yay! $4.04 coming back my way!

Had I bought five, and received a refund of the difference for all five, I would have been able to buy another one!

I just chatted with customer service with my order # and requested a refund of the difference. They granted it - yay! $4.04 coming back my way!

Had I bought five, and received a refund of the difference for all five, I would have been able to buy another one!

Hmm... Might be worth a try. :)

Anyone get it yet?
I think mine's supposed to come tomorrow... but I'm not sure cuz the tracking hasn't been updated since the label was made.

Also.. nice to know they give you a free extended 1year warranty.

Mine was sent out but I live in Southern California. I think it's coming from NJ. My expected-arrival time is this Friday.

This reminds me of the Walmart thread last Christmas.

Top Bottom