New Vorson $25 plastic concert uke

This reminds me of the Walmart thread last Christmas.

Well, I bought the walmart first act uke that were marked down to $10. (I bought two I returned one) I even bought the walgreens $10 uke. I'll be happy to report back if they are not of better quality when the two I ordered arrive.

Well, I bought the walmart first act uke that were marked down to $10. (I bought two I returned one) I even bought the walgreens $10 uke. I'll be happy to report back if they are not of better quality when the two I ordered arrive.

$10 ukuleles? I need to be more active on these forums. So what was the consensus on them?

Well, they started out as $20 or $25 ukes (of which about $17 was due to the Disney brand) but were Black Friday deals. Mine was more-or-less playable once I put M600 strings on it, but it's been on a closet shelf for 53 weeks now.

Last edited:
You others who ordered please go check your mail! ;-) Mine is probably still a few days out.

$10 ukuleles? I need to be more active on these forums. So what was the consensus on them?

I am always looking for a good deal but...
The ones I mentioned? are not good. THe Walgreens one only has two strings folded over to look like 4. The first act sort of plays but it actually has a post connecting the top to the bottom to prevent it from playing very loud.

I am always looking for a good deal but...
The ones I mentioned? are not good. THe Walgreens one only has two strings folded over to look like 4. The first act sort of plays but it actually has a post connecting the top to the bottom to prevent it from playing very loud.

So the $10 ukulele turned out being a $10-ukulele. I get it. It doesn't look like I missed anything.

The Korala was great. It really was. Best 30 euro I ever spend. But after a few months the mrs casually reminded me that I never played it. I hate it when she's right, and she always is. So much for that 30 euro. So I gave it away. It now is collecting dust at my friends wall.

I was trying to get a Korala in 2013 after Baz first reviewed it. I don't have a really cheap ukulele and I don't want a soprano. I though this was perfect for me, but they weren't available in the states.
So, I've ordered one of these. $20 with shipping included. Now that's cheap. Can't wait.

Mine arrived today. It's going on the shelf with the Disney uke from last year and the Waterman. I guess plastic just isn't my thing.

Mine arrived today. It's going on the shelf with the Disney uke from last year and the Waterman. I guess plastic just isn't my thing.
How do you think it compares to the waterman ?

Yes, that would be helpful. I think it sounds a bit better, but the intonation is horrible except on the second string, which is okay to about the fifth fret (which is about all I need). I'm looking forward to others' opinions. Maybe I just don't spend enough time around water to make this worthwhile. (That's probably it. :)). ...but it was worth $25 to me to try it out...

Last edited:

Bummer . . .

I was looking forward to mine but despite having ordered it on Saturday, it seems to have finally left NJ yesterday and is only 1/4 of the way here somewhere in Indiana (This is a huge country).

Up on the shelf with the Disney, huh? Oh well . . . I suppose I can trade an el-cheapo Kala my kids take to school with it so I don't have to worry about the Kala as much. I'm glad I only bought one and fought for the $4 difference when the price changed.

Thanks for the heads-up; I at least won't be heart-broken when it arrives.

I think this is an interesting thread. I keep wondering if people are buying these because they really want a cheap plastic ukulele, or if the ukuleles are so cheap that people just can't pass up the deal. Just the other day we were at a friend's house, and my wife said that it was cold, and that she needed a new stocking hat. So our friend pulled a shopping bag out of a closet, full of brand new ones with tags. She said that they were on clearance last winter for two bucks each. She said that she didn't even like them, but she bought a bunch of them because they were too cheap to pass up. Ha ha, she didn't like them, so she gave one to my wife. That cracked me up. This thread got me to thinking about that.

Last edited:
I think this is an interesting thread. I keep wondering if people are buying these because they really want a cheap plastic ukulele, or if the ukuleles are so cheap that people just can't pass up the deal. Just the other day we were at a friend's house, and my wife said that it was cold, and that she needed a new stocking hat, so our friend pulled out a shopping bag out of a closet, full of brand new ones with tags. She said that they were on clearance last winter for two bucks each. She said that she didn't even like them, but she bought a bunch of them because they were too cheap to pass up. Ha ha, she didn't like them, so she gave one to my wife. That cracked me up. This thread got me to thinking about that.

Well, I love a great value. I've been scouring my local Craigslist for el-cheapo ukuleles just to kick around - I don't know why. I suppose the fun is in the hunt and acquisition, and not so much in the possession.

But with this Vorson at its price, I am somewhat in doubt and hopeful of its quality. I figure, if anything, it could be something I can leave at work and not have to worry about. But after I receive mine AND it turns out more than just playable, I am thinking about ordering a few more to perhaps start an ukulele club/class here at work with some colleagues, or just stock 'em up as gifts for birthday parties my kids get invited to.

My wife's like your friend. She sees things for sale for dirt cheap, she buys 'em all up and waits for an opportunity to give them away. She will relieve herself of bottles and bottles of lotions she's stocked up over the year this holiday season.

I have a three year old. So for this price it can be a toy for him if it doesn't at least play ok.

Personally, I'm hoping it's just like the korala/kealoha.
There's quite a bit of evidence and reviews that say those don't just suck.

What does suck is the shipping, cuz it was supposed to come yesterday, but now they're saying friday.

Top Bottom