The String Exchange Thread

Ok, I'll play. I have an extra set of Southcoast light linears (LL-NW) . I'd like a set of Southcoast reentrant light or extra lights (or even better the "soft" version of either).

By the way, what's the best way to mail a single set of strings? Normal envelope? Padded? How many stamps? (In U.S.)

Ok, I'll play. I have an extra set of Southcoast light linears (LL-NW) . I'd like a set of Southcoast reentrant light or extra lights (or even better the "soft" version of either).

By the way, what's the best way to mail a single set of strings? Normal envelope? Padded? How many stamps? (In U.S.)

Normal envelope. Shouldn't be too much if you send them first class.

FYI
I received the experimental strings from Chuck.

Thanks Chuck =)

They sound great to me.
I will do a sound recording soon so you all can hear them on my Pono MGT.

FYI
I received the experimental strings from Chuck.

Thanks Chuck =)

They sound great to me.
I will do a sound recording soon so you all can hear them on my Pono MGT.

Ha! That's a coincidence...I'll be putting Chuck's experimental strings on a Pono MGTD. Thanks Chuck!!

William

I have some LoPrinzi tenor strings I got in a mix-up. Anyone want to exchange them for some concert or soprano strings?

I was cleaning out a box and found a brand new set of D'Addario Pro Arte Tenor J 71 Clear Nylon High G string set.
PM your address to me and I will send them to you for free.
Johnson

PM sent, Johnson.

I was cleaning out a box and found a brand new set of D'Addario Pro Arte Tenor J 71 Clear Nylon High G string set.
PM your address to me and I will send them to you for free.
Johnson

Last edited:
Pack of D'Addario EJ88C concert Nyltech for something similar in Soprano size ie: Improved Nylgut or Nyltech
Thanks!

Great idea for a thread. I'm one of those that will spend and extra $20 in strings to get free shipping from Elderly. Needless to say I have some cats and dogs.

Free to a good home (sorry, US only), all unused. PM me with address:

D'Addario Concert Titanium -- Gone - heading to the Golden Gate

Worth Soprano/Concert Brown Medium - Low G -- Gone -Off to a nice home

Aquila Nulgut Soprano Fifths

Aquila Nulgut Concert Fifths
(Was thinking about reverting to my Mandolin days but didn't go there)

Last edited:
PM sent. Thank you.

Great idea for a thread. I'm one of those that will spend and extra $20 in strings to get free shipping from Elderly. Needless to say I have some cats and dogs.

Free to a good home (sorry, US only), all unused. PM me with address:

D'Addario Concert Titanium

Worth Soprano/Concert Brown Medium - Low G -- Gone -Off to a nice home

Aquila Nulgut Soprano Fifths

Aquila Nulgut Concert Fifths
(Was thinking about reverting to my Mandolin days but didn't go there)

I don't have any strings to trade but I do have a whole bunch of geared tuners, some sealed, some open, some nice, some cheap, that I have no need for if anyone is interested in some strings for tuners trading.

GONE - that was fast. Paying it forward now. I have a new set of Martin Tenor M620 fluorocarbons. PM your address and I'll be happy to mail them to you, US only. Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Uke182, I got your PM.
Thanks for keeping the good spirit going.
Please let me know what you think of the J71.
I have used them on my mango several times.
Some Living Waters are coming my way from the UK and I am very excited to try his Low G.

Uke182, I got your PM.
Some Living Waters are coming my way from the UK and I am very excited to try his Low G.

I wasn't sure if you knew this but Mike at Uke Republic represents Ken's Living Waters string line. I don't know if he has all of the items that Ken offers. but it worth a try and the wait should certainly be less.

I wasn't sure if you knew this but Mike at Uke Republic represents Ken's Living Waters string line. I don't know if he has all of the items that Ken offers. but it worth a try and the wait should certainly be less.

Lenny,
I just did a price check and it is about the same price from Uke Republic as it is to get them from the UK.
And the shorter shipping time is a bonus. My order was shipped 12/23 and I am still waiting for my strings.
Thanks for the info,
Johnson

BTW, I have had those Oasis experimental strings on my mango and want to pull them off but I gave all my other string sets away except one set of PHD Low G and I do not want to put them on because I will want to pull them off and try the Living Waters when they arrive.
Oh well, if that is the worst of my problems I am having a good day. =)

Thank YOU for starting this thread. ProArte's are my string of choice for tenors for now. I really love the feel and the warmer tone of these clear nylon strings. I had a set of Ko'olau Mahana's All-Plain which I think you know is the same, but a very slight different gauge, on my Pono tenor. I can't wait to see how they sound on my KoAloha tenor.

Uke182, I got your PM.

Top Bottom