Season 200, Let's Celebrate

:stop:

Not unless you want a 1 minute song/tune dragged out slowly to about 3 minutes! :rofl:

I'm new to the uke, my finger tips haven't hardened up yet, & I'm still having to look for the right frets, etc, etc. :eek:ld:
you say all that................

...................... like it's a bad thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

go for it anyway, we love newbies!

we'll be gentle with you!

honest!

Not unless you want a 1 minute song/tune dragged out slowly to about 3 minutes! :rofl:

I'm new to the uke, my finger tips haven't hardened up yet, & I'm still having to look for the right frets, etc, etc. :eek:ld:

I devote a lot of effort to dragging 1 minute songs out three minutes :rofl:

Anyway 1 minute songs are fine. There are some who rarely go beyond 2 minutes.

I agree hardening fingers is an uncomfortable time but it passes and I started playing out when I could only just manage C, F & G7. The seasons is a good, fun way of developing your skills and you'll find we're a very supportive community.

Last edited:
Greetings All
Happy and great season. In Florida on holidays. Love to all...Gina.

I just saw this now ... and ... what everyone else said ... and ...

That's exactly what we want! We want you, on video, exactly as you are right now.

Many of us started here in our very early uking days, and we brought very beginner-ish-sounding things. And we kept making videos and entering Seasons. And lo and behold, over time we got better. And better. And better. And the same will happen for you. We are the most supportive encouraging lot you'll ever encounter. We know what it's like to be where you're at, and we will applaud your first video (and your subsequent ones) like it's one of the most amazing things you've ever done. Because it will be ... just because you overcame your self-judgment enough to do it.

The Seasons of the Ukulele is one of the single biggest reasons why I am at whatever level I'm at today, and one of the most fun things I've ever done.

So yeah, come make video with us, my friend. I'm pretty sure you'll be as happy to have done it as we all were when we made our first ones. If you need help getting started, just ask. Because, yes, we really do want your one-minute song stretched out to three minutes while you are finding the chords. And then maybe in your next one you might get it done in 2 and a half minutes. And in a month or two, you'll be having so much fun you'll be wondering why you ever worried about doing it.

[PS, I believe that 90% of beginners' challenges with making chord changes is that the ukulele is a slippery thing that is challenging to hold. For me, and many others I've helped, getting a strap onto your uke that holds it for you in a comfortable stable position will fix a great deal of it. I made a video about my own solution to that particular challenge. The original version of it is my most-watched-ever video, so it seems to be helping other people as well as me.]

I did my "Let's Twist Again" pastiche at the Christmas session of an open mic I go to and it was videoed, so here it is live as a hosts not quite wrap up of the season. You can't see it very well as I was having to use a crib sheet but the uke was my soprano Risa Uke'Ellie.

everytime someone joins the seasons...

... an angel gets its wings

oh yes it does!

I think it might be you, Keith! I see you are already flying on two Seasons today ... so I guess you've caught the bug! See, now that wasn't so painful, was it? Now you can tell the next protesting newbie how easy it is. :)

Congratulations! You are a Seasonista now! Twice over! Welcome, welcome, welcome ... so happy you are here.

I guess I'm celebrating taking the first step to stardom. :biglaugh:

Indeed you are! We'll all be able to say we knew you when. :)

Top Bottom