Funky Frosty played by Willie K. on Guitalele - Chords?

Rakelele

Reaction score
The folks at Kanile'a have posted an awesome performance of Willie K. playing a funky version of "Frosty the Snowman" on an Islander Guitalele on their Facebook page.

Can anyone figure out the chords he is playing?

Bump: One year later, still interested in knowing the chords...

Bringing this up again, I really like the way he plays that song but have no idea about what chords he uses.

ooh, I like that. seems like that shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. It says "he grabbed an Islander GL6 off the wall" so I'm guessing it would be in standard A tuning. You can see his hands pretty clearly for the main progression at the 0:15 mark. If we can figure that out maybe the rest will be easier.

He's messed around this this arrangement for a while. I've heard it on acoustic guitar and electric guitar. though the keying was different. But that's not surprising as I've seen him adapt his songs differently when playing on acoustic guitar vs ukulele (but not always). I don't know why he's never tracked this song given that he's released two different Christmas themed CD and this song isn't on either. I'm going to see him on Maui in December specifically to hear this song again as I've only every heard it twice and only one of those was in person. It was love at first hearing for me, which doesn't usually happen. I do prefer the acoustic guitar/electic guitar keying to the Ukulele version in this video. It swings like a son-of-a-youknowhat...

Yooo that's some amazing dedication xD

Wanna know just the chord names or the fingerings for the guitarlele (or uke)? Asking because idk if people know guitarlele fingerings on this uke forum lol

EDIT: Figured out the chords, lmk if you wanna know the fingerings for either uke or guitarlele
Intro, verses, outro: Gm, Dm7, Cm7, Dm7 ... Gm, Dm7, Cm7, F
Chorus: Cm7, Bb, C, C7 ... Cm7, Bb, F, D7+5

The ellipses are there because he might loop the last four chords (before those ellipses) before moving on.

Hope this helps, and congrats again for sticking in there!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, Casanova! Great work, the chord names are a good way to get me started working on this song.

Top Bottom