Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lemmy's gone

Quote Originally Posted by Debby View Post
    Loved Lemmy.

He also contributed heavily to Ozzy's No More Tears. It's one of my fave albums. He wrote Mama I'm Coming Home. I love that one.
    yes, and with this song he earned more money than with all Motorhead songs... there are si many I love... "Going To Brazil", "R.A.M.O.N.E.S", "The Chase Is Better Than the Catch", "Liar", "Born to Raise Hell", "1916"...

As I turn 50 I look ahead I can only hope I make it to a lucid 70 to die from something other than old age. Seeing the pictures posted by friends like King Diamond and others shows the man lived a full and interesting life. So why not celebrate this instead of feeling down?

Years ago being a ZZ Top fan I heard MH did a version if not the original of Beer drinkers and hell raisers. I gave it a try and at the time didn't like it at all. I did see Airheads way too many times before realizing the big kid from the breakfast club was the little guy from palentine records.

I do like his hat choice.
    This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

bomber

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Inksplosive AL View Post
    As I turn 50 I look ahead I can only hope I make it to a lucid 70 to die from something other than old age. Seeing the pictures posted by friends like King Diamond and others shows the man lived a full and interesting life. So why not celebrate this instead of feeling down?
    Absolutely. There aren't many who buck the system, living their lives the way they choose, the way it works for them, to achieve legendary status even before they leave their earthly home. Props to you Lemmy. You live on through the music being played loudly from rooftops everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    bomber
    Mad props, you done Lemmy proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Train View Post
    Mad props, you done Lemmy proud.
    thank you!!!!!!!!!
    lynda

Sorry for your loss. I'm in the "who's Lemmy" seating.

Remember watching "eat the rich" at the movies in the eighties - great actor, performer and songwriter!

http://youtu.be/F1JS-9mDefo

Quote Originally Posted by bonesigh View Post
    Sorry for your loss. I'm in the "who's Lemmy" seating.
    Haha, me too (even though I have seen "Airheads" - somehow I think I actually own two copies - and I vaguely remember that scene and that line). Well, I was all "Who's Lemmy?" ... but now I know. These Seasons are so educational.

You Brits will appreciate this: I watched "The Full Monty" with friends after Christmas dinner. There's a scene where they played a bit of that Jane Birkin / Serge orgasm song while rehearsing for their strip show ... and I laughed out loud. I learned about that song just a few weeks ago, in Steve's 1975 British hits Seasons. Later in the movie they played "Come Up and See Me, Make Me Smile", and I knew that one too - it's made a few appearances here. No one else in the room had ever heard these songs.

So yeah, Lemmy ... let me send a few flowers to this memorial.
    Wendy -- UkeCan1 of Uke Can Play Too!
    YouTube:
    Uke Can 1 | Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist
    Facebook: Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist Revolution

Ukes:
    Tiki Uki = soprano Tiki Flea, Epi Leadshredder = Les Paul Epiphone concert
    Pocky = Kala Pocket Uke sopranissimo, Chili = Mainland soprano Chili Pepper Uke
    Minnie (hot pink, "Happy to Be Me!), Mickey (bright blue), and Sophia (lavender) First Act "mini guitars"

If you're a Seasonista, come join the Seasonista Facebook group! (PM me)
    If you're not (YET!), come play with us in the Seasons of the Ukulele ... it's easy and fun

who's lemmy

it sounds like a heavy rock version of where's wally!

he was the hard-rockin' human embodiment of musical awesomeness who bombarded our brit eardrums for literally (well you know) hundreds of years. yeah

he was, basically, born to raise hell

lynda

Thread Information