lemmy's gone

What the ginger man said.

Letting a hundred flowers blossom and a hundred schools of thought contend is the policy for promoting progress in the arts and the sciences"
Tend the flowers that bloom and those that don't let them whither ... Simples

As host / co-host of the current Season ... my own personal feeling only, I don't presume to speak for any other host but me, including my own co-host ... I have no issue with the additional threads.

The Seasons are an optional thing we do for fun ... they are already one of many available options for making uke videos / uking / making music / spending our time ... so for me adding additional ones, in or out of the Seasons area, just gives me/us more options in an already wonderfully abundant field of choices. People who love participating in a Season, or this particular Season, will do so, and those who find other priorities will follow those instead. It's all good.

I kind of like that this started out as a Seasons thread (I totally get, and honor, the desire to start a thing among "us" over there) ... and I also like that it's now "public". Maybe as a result some new folks will discover the wonder that is the Seasons and come join us over there. (At least, if they get how much we actually love each other over there, they might.)

The Lemmy thing doesn't personally interest me much - I don't know him, and I do have my own cringe-y feelings about celebrating icons of drug use and such. (There was another one last week, and I had similar feelings then.) But neither do I have a problem if others want to do their thing. I don't always love every person's thing ... some I'm right there with 'em and others not so much ... but that's just my thoughts about any particular thing. Each of us will have our own, each different from the other. I wouldn't want anyone else's judgments to rule my self-expression, and I don't feel it's my business to do it to others. Unless it's hurtful ... and I also see Pa's side, because clearly he felt this was. I totally get that and honor that too.

I try to "live and let live", and encourage others' self expression ... and it's also important to me to step up when I see something I feel is hurtful. And we are not all gonna agree about which is which. So sometimes a few feathers get ruffled. (And yeah, it would be great if we all could/would always find loving, respectful ways to communicate our views ... that's a thing we probably all will get better at with practice, time, and thoughtfulness.)

I love everybody here and I appreciate all these differing, and sometimes clashing, points of view. I hope we can all agree to disagree when we do (because so often we do), and work it out the best we can, and go back to loving each other and celebrating our mutual love for ukes and uking, and making Seasons videos and sharing them with each other.

(And now I would really love to see Pa and BEV go work out their differences, and rediscover the love for each other that I know is there, and make us a duo video for Season 202. You don't have to ... of course you don't ... but I really would love to see that. I suggest "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off". :) But really, anything at all would be just perfect.)

Mwah! A Happy New Year to all.
Peace, Love, and Understanding, and ukuleles for all.
'Cuz it's who we all are. And sometimes it's challenging.

cheers wendy

i started this thread to celebrate the man and his music, i don't know anything about drugs, i do know he liked to have a good time, and i know he liked a drink so :cheers: and here's another one for the main man

i'd love to get all warm and fuzzy again with pa, i've had run ins before with him and we've always gone back to being friends again after, well, i thought we had, but i think we have a way to go this time, after he dissed this good man just days after his death, and pissed up against my birthday thread ON MY ACTUAL BIRTH DAY

Happy birthday, Lynda! I hope you can shake off all the hoo-ha and have a fabulous day regardless. Uke On! are hoping to get you a birthday duo later today (well, today "our time" anyway).

I recorded this a few months ago, before I became a seasonista. I got the idea to cover this song from BEV! Happy Birthday Lynda! And happy new year everyone!

what a surprise to read that lot of people do not know Lemmy !!!
so this topic is useful...
your covers are just f... perfect, Bird's eye... lot of pleasure listening to your humble and passionnate way of uking these great songs.
i keep swinging by this (mostly) fab thread and i KEEP forgetting to thank you for your comments here!

thank you!

:rock:

Blimey I found it more of a shock that he had reached 70 !! Lol

Vote for Lemmium!!!

Support Lemmy tribute, name newly discovered heavy metal 'Lemmium' - Sign the Petition!

QJXbCWjbLNqDnGk-800x450-noPad.jpg

lemmy's gone.........

Maybe........But Never Forgotten.

The premise of this article is funny. Ace of Spades is currently in the UK Top Ten 35 years after its release. Will enough people buy a copy to make it reach #1 and dethrone Justin Bieber? Nothing against Bieber, but I'll take ten copies.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/485282/Mot-rhead-Ace-of-Spades-Justin-Bieber-UK-chart

"In his last interview, the Motörhead legend was asked if he intended
to keep performing even as he approached 70. He joked, “What, after
death? No! I’ll have to stop then...I think. But you never know, I could
haunt somewhere.”

Cue a pale Justin Bieber waking up in a cold sweat with the spectre of
Lemmy looming over him."​

Top Bottom