Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter NAMM Show 2016 and SoCal UU LIVE mini tour!

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

Default Winter NAMM Show 2016 and SoCal UU LIVE mini tour!

Aloha everyone!

As usual we are about to head out for the annual Winter NAMM show coverage! All of the upcoming ukuleles and accessories will be on display at the show. It's gonna be a big year for ukulele as Kamaka is celebrating their 100 year anniversary. Also great new models and accessories are upon us. It really is a great time to be a uke player.

I wanna know what you guys wanna see. What do you folks want me to ask? I want to be able to get your burning questions answered. Leave them on this thread and I'll refer to this when I'm doing the interviews.

You can find the NAMM show coverage on our YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDg...XMzpug5HbD1bCA

If you guys want to have a JAM by the grassy knoll, please let me know what night we should do it and what time. Keep in mind that we have a show on Saturday so we can't make it that night. You don't have to be part of the NAMM show to attend. If you're in the area (near Anaheim) then please come and join us!

Also, we are bringing Ukulele Underground LIVE to Southern California. We'll be doing concerts and workshops in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Huntington beach. Check out the video below for more info.

Sunday, January 17th
    3 : 30 - 5 : 30p / tickets $35
    Hale Ukulele (858) 414-4492
    http://haleukulele.com/

Wednesday, January 20th
    Call for time and price
    U-Space (323) 577-5567
    http://uspacela.com/calendar.html

Saturday, January 23rd
    7-9pm / tickets $20
    Island Bazaar (714) 843-9350
    http://ukuleleparadise.com/events/

See you at the show!
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

This belongs in Shameless Self Promotion unless of course you own the website! Haha.

Looking forward to seeing at U-Space like last year! Great show!

Your show on Sat at Island Bazaar is already sold out!

Just put U-Space on my calendar. Waiting for the final details from Jason and Brad. Going to NAMM Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Uke View Post
    This belongs in Shameless Self Promotion unless of course you own the website! Haha.

Looking forward to seeing at U-Space like last year! Great show!

Your show on Sat at Island Bazaar is already sold out!
    I hope we stay at USpace. If we move again, the room might be too big like last year. It was still a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to this year. Say hi after/before the show! Island bazaar is a crazy crowd. It's gonna be a fun tour.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Just put U-Space on my calendar. Waiting for the final details from Jason and Brad. Going to NAMM Sunday.
    Awesome! Hope to see you there. Say hi before/after the show!
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Thank you so much for doing these interviews. Looking forward to everything you're going to show us. Here are some of the things that I would like to hear about:

- What's new from Kamaka, Kanile'a (including Islander), KoAloha (including Opio), and Ko'olau (including Pono)?

- Any news from Blackbird, Collings, Larrivée, Pepe Romero and Romero Creations?

- What's up with Rick Turner / Compass Rose?

- Will Martin be celebrating their Centennial of building Ukuleles?

- Also, very interested in crossover instruments like Tenor Guitars (ask Larrivée about their plans), Guitaleles (check out the Ibanez Piccolo), and Ukes with Steel Strings (ask Pono). Perhaps you could ask companies specifically about their plans regarding innovation, as players worldwide are not just looking for traditional style, but new ways of expanding their musical horizons and their instrument collections...?

Damn I wanted to go to the one at Huntington Beach but it's all sold out. Was looking to jam with you and other UU players too lol
    I play fingerstyle (っ✿◕‿◕)っ♪♬
    Youtube
    Spotify
    Mililani, HI // Irvine, CA
    UC Irvine c/o 2018

Have an awesome tour, Aldrine! I'm happy for you to see that it's selling out already

NAMM questions - Anything Kamaka can share about their 100th would be welcome. Maybe ask the other companies what they think about Kamaka and Martin's 100th, memories or stories to share?

If you want to be investigative, maybe try to talk Martin into doing something for their 100th, and ask if they'll continue building in the US since they've discontinued some models lately?

Can't wait to see your coverage. Mahalo and good luck with the tour!

When is Blackbird going to come out with an Ekoa tenor? Thanks!

SEE YOU SOON!

Can't wait.

I am thinking Friday for the Grassy Knoll jam... but... really I am there every day so any day is fine with me
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Thread Information