Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter NAMM Show 2016 and SoCal UU LIVE mini tour!

I will be there likely Thurs & Friday; however, sans uke. Still, if schedule permits, will stop by the Grassy Noll Gathering.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Friday for the grassy knoll jam gets my vote.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

For those of you that have not come to the grassy knoll jam, I highly recommend attending. Here's an example of what can happen.

UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    Thank you so much for doing these interviews. Looking forward to everything you're going to show us. Here are some of the things that I would like to hear about:

- What's new from Kamaka, Kanile'a (including Islander), KoAloha (including Opio), and Ko'olau (including Pono)?

- Any news from Blackbird, Collings, Larrivée, Pepe Romero and Romero Creations?

- What's up with Rick Turner / Compass Rose?

- Will Martin be celebrating their Centennial of building Ukuleles?

- Also, very interested in crossover instruments like Tenor Guitars (ask Larrivée about their plans), Guitaleles (check out the Ibanez Piccolo), and Ukes with Steel Strings (ask Pono). Perhaps you could ask companies specifically about their plans regarding innovation, as players worldwide are not just looking for traditional style, but new ways of expanding their musical horizons and their instrument collections...?
    Thanks so much! I'll try and get to those as much as I can. We pretty much cover the first three points but the Martin centennial is interesting. I'll make sure to ask! We try to hit up as many uke and uke related companies as we can so we can let you know what they're up to.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by CasanovaGuy View Post
    Damn I wanted to go to the one at Huntington Beach but it's all sold out. Was looking to jam with you and other UU players too lol
    You can still come out to the grassy knoll jam! Seems like Friday night is the night. We'll be right in front of the Anaheim convention center.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by bonesoup View Post
    Have an awesome tour, Aldrine! I'm happy for you to see that it's selling out already

NAMM questions - Anything Kamaka can share about their 100th would be welcome. Maybe ask the other companies what they think about Kamaka and Martin's 100th, memories or stories to share?

If you want to be investigative, maybe try to talk Martin into doing something for their 100th, and ask if they'll continue building in the US since they've discontinued some models lately?

Can't wait to see your coverage. Mahalo and good luck with the tour!
    We're extremely grateful to all the people who come out and support us. We're very happy to see the shows selling well. We'll definitely cover the 100th anniversary stuff as much as we can. I'll try and get as much as I can out of Martin about their plans.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by w/o-talent View Post
    When is Blackbird going to come out with an Ekoa tenor? Thanks!
    I'm sure they're working on it if they haven't already. We'll ask them when we get the chance!
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    SEE YOU SOON!

Can't wait.

I am thinking Friday for the Grassy Knoll jam... but... really I am there every day so any day is fine with me
    Friday night sounds great. Kanile'a isn't doing a party this year out of respect to Kamaka doing things throughout the weekend. Which means, I don't have any obligations except for the Saturday performance.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Eddie View Post
    I will be there likely Thurs & Friday; however, sans uke. Still, if schedule permits, will stop by the Grassy Noll Gathering.
    Cheeehoooo! Friday night at the grassy knoll seems to be getting the popular vote. I'll keep this thread updated.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    Friday for the grassy knoll jam gets my vote.

YESSSSS. Food and shenanigans after the jam as usual.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Thread Information