Winter NAMM Show 2016 and SoCal UU LIVE mini tour!

If possible, I'd like to hear what the "small" (business-wise) builders are up to. We have a thread of Mya Moe, but if any of the other smaller builders will be present, I'd like to hear about their plans.

A question for the "bigger" names: any plans to use some different woods?

Thanks for all the previous videos, and the upcoming ones as well.

Most of the smaller makers don't have a booth but we try to cover as much as we can. Mahalo!

The Kamaka concert is Friday night. Jake, Taimane, Kalei, Kris, Brittni and others great players, like Chris Kamaka. That should be cool.

That's too bad. Friday is the only night that works for us with the yearly UU jam. Unfortunately I treasure my UU family more so I won't be able to make it. Can't wait to hang out with my homies. But the concert should be spectacular!

I'm really sorry I'm going to miss the Friday jam, but I bought tickets on Wednesday for Aldrine at U-Space (in fact all the events this week there). I've gone through the NAMM app on my iPad and marked all the booths I want to see, plus the instrument parade and ukulele circle in the Member Zone.

Last edited:
So, where is/was the NAMM show coverage?? I didn't find it on the YouTube page, and I really was looking forward to it, as I do every year.

-Kurt​

NAMM has yet to happen. It's this weekend. We usually post things the the night of or the day after we film it. That link is where you can find it when we upload them.

SEE YOU SOON!

Can't wait.

I am thinking Friday for the Grassy Knoll jam... but... really I am there every day so any day is fine with me :)

Kamaka concert is also that night with you know who playing for the masses ;)

That's too bad. Friday is the only night that works for us with the yearly UU jam. Unfortunately I treasure my UU family more so I won't be able to make it. Can't wait to hang out with my homies. But the concert should be spectacular!

Awwwww.

Now I have to make it to the grassy knoll :)

In answer to an earlier question in the thread, Blackbird has announced their Ekoa Tenor.

They will be at Namm in Booth: 1716 Hopefully we can hear them played without too much other interference.

Thanks! I'll make sure to jot these down and ask them when appropriate. Mahalo!

Thanks for adding them to your list (re: The Magic Fluke Company['all black' LAVA Fluke/Flea & Timber bass/strings] & Ko'olau/Pono[solid-body electrics])

Hope those who make it to NAMM--both inside and out--post lots of pics and vids for the rest of us here to enjoy. Looking forward to be an armchair attendee! :drool:

Ah.. I misread everything, then ( probably becuase it was all a week or two out) - thought it was the weekend of the 16th-17th!

Thanks for the clarification!

-Kurt​

NAMM has yet to happen. It's this weekend. We usually post things the the night of or the day after we film it. That link is where you can find it when we upload them.

Last edited:
Almost missed it again this year. Looking forward to U-Space on Wednesday and Friday's jam... Excited to hang out with people and ukuleles ;-)

See you all soon!

Awesome! USpace should be fun. Although it's a bit hard to drag people to LA. The other two shows sold out but this one is a bit less. It should still be great though.

I see Kala has updated their website just in time for NAMM. It has a new look and there are a few new offerings. Looks like the archtop is once again avail in black, there is a new ziricote uke, and the Tri-back tenor has a slotted headstock. Nice!

correction: the Tri-back tenor hasn't changed. I thought it was changed to a slotted headstock but now I see that they mistakenly posted a pic of the Aratani tenor on that page.
Carry on :)

Last edited:
After all my planning, turns out I'm not going to be able to go to NAMM, my brother cannot get me a pass. BIG BUMMER.

Top Bottom