Winter NAMM Show 2016 and SoCal UU LIVE mini tour!

+1 on Blackbird EKOA Tenor........ And perhaps a comparison of BBT vrs EKOA tenor.... Are they looking at same shape or something different - perhaps standard figure 8. I'd like to know difference in durability between say a carbon tenor and a EKOA Tenor. I've seen some comments saying ....... BBT is indestructible, while the Clara EKOA is robust. You folks do a great job of covering NAMM so will be watching ALL your YOU TUBE vdeo's... That is how I get my Ukulele update..... That and this wonderful forum. Keep up the good works.

+1 on Blackbird EKOA Tenor........ And perhaps a comparison of BBT vrs EKOA tenor.... Are they looking at same shape or something different - perhaps standard figure 8. I'd like to know difference in durability between say a carbon tenor and a EKOA Tenor. I've seen some comments saying ....... BBT is indestructible, while the Clara EKOA is robust. You folks do a great job of covering NAMM so will be watching ALL your YOU TUBE vdeo's... That is how I get my Ukulele update..... That and this wonderful forum. Keep up the good works.

Very good point. I'll make sure to remember asking for comparison. Thanks!

Hi Aldrine!

Thanks so much for all the videos you've done at NAMM for us over the years! I really appreciate the effort you guys put forth to include the UU community in these events. :)

My humble request would be if you could please make sure to stop by The Magic Fluke Company, and for your video please ask them about the following:

- The all-black 'LAVA' Fluke and Flea instruments, will this be a standard model now?

- Updates on the TIMBER uke bass, and updates on buying sets of the special custom La Bella strings for it, which are not available anywhere as of yet, and due to this scarcity, is likely holding back sales of the instrument (I want one, but only if I can get replacement strings)

oh, and one more thing (sorry)- when you go to see Ko'olau/Pono, please ask them about any updates for the Pono Baritone NUI and their solid-body electric models....

Thanks so much Aldrine, Ryan and crew! :rock::bowdown::worship:

-Booli

I'd like to see the Ibanez piccolo guitar.
Tenor uke scale cutaway with steel strings.... seems like it would be of interest to UU

If possible, I'd like to hear what the "small" (business-wise) builders are up to. We have a thread of Mya Moe, but if any of the other smaller builders will be present, I'd like to hear about their plans.

A question for the "bigger" names: any plans to use some different woods?

Thanks for all the previous videos, and the upcoming ones as well.

What's that on their workbench?
https://www.facebook.com/blackbirdg...44608340373/10156500532720374/?type=3&theater

The Kamaka concert is Friday night. Jake, Taimane, Kalei, Kris, Brittni and others great players, like Chris Kamaka. That should be cool.

The Kamaka concert is Friday night. Jake, Taimane, Kalei, Kris, Brittni and others great players, like Chris Kamaka. That should be cool.
So like Bryan Tolentino and Benny Chong will be there? I saw them at NAMM last year. Holy Cow! They are masters.

are they selling tix?

I don't know. If no one knows about it maybe I wasn't supposed to say anything. Just figured they might want to schedule the get together on another night.

So like Bryan Tolentino and Benny Chong will be there? I saw them at NAMM last year. Holy Cow! They are masters.

I know Bryan will be there and will perform with The Side Order Band. Benny wasn't sure if he could make it this year. You're right though, both incredible musicians. All the Kamaka artists coming this year will also be performing at the booth at some point during the show. You can maybe get a schedule from Kamaka at their booth.

Hi Aldrine!

Thanks so much for all the videos you've done at NAMM for us over the years! I really appreciate the effort you guys put forth to include the UU community in these events. :)

My humble request would be if you could please make sure to stop by The Magic Fluke Company, and for your video please ask them about the following:

- The all-black 'LAVA' Fluke and Flea instruments, will this be a standard model now?

- Updates on the TIMBER uke bass, and updates on buying sets of the special custom La Bella strings for it, which are not available anywhere as of yet, and due to this scarcity, is likely holding back sales of the instrument (I want one, but only if I can get replacement strings)

oh, and one more thing (sorry)- when you go to see Ko'olau/Pono, please ask them about any updates for the Pono Baritone NUI and their solid-body electric models....

Thanks so much Aldrine, Ryan and crew! :rock::bowdown::worship:

-Booli

Thanks! I'll make sure to jot these down and ask them when appropriate. Mahalo!

Top Bottom