My girlfriend's first build

Andyk

Reaction score
So today is my birthday and my girlfriend surprised me with a brand new ukulele that she built in secret.
It is her first ukulele but I was impressed with the detail. The colour is fairly individual.
The are no marker dots but that's how I like it.

Although it looks a little over engineered I strongly suspect it won't last very long. But the good news is that it is fully recyclable.

It has really given me inspiration for a build of my own ☺

Attachments

• IMG_20160116_095043.jpg
    IMG_20160116_095043.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 183
I viewed this post on my phone, so I couldn't really see the thumbnail until I had read the post and then clicked on it. Ha ha! Very clever and funny post. Nice. Definitely made me smile. Now the question becomes whether you can have your uke and eat it too. 😃

She's very talented. How does it sound?

On second thought, never mind. I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that.:p

Tasted better than it sounded

I can confirm butter icing and jam is not as strong as Titebond.
The kids tried to play it and it just went to pieces from there on in.
Cheers all...

P. S. She does indeed have a sister but she doesn't like ukuleles much☺

It's a "keck" (I know, too obscure a reference from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding").

Similar materials were used in the construction of this ukulele, presented on my 60th birthdayMiguels Birthday 004.jpg
In case you're wondering, the purple blobs by the headstock represent a bunch of grapes - the celebration was at a winery
Miguel

Similar materials were used in the construction of this ukulele, presented on my 60th birthdayView attachment 87482
In case you're wondering, the purple blobs by the headstock represent a bunch of grapes - the celebration was at a winery
Miguel

That's pretty cool Miguel. Yours even has back binding

Top Bottom