Thread: Jay Buckey Harp Ukulele

Default Jay Buckey Harp Ukulele

Dies anyone have experience or own on of these Jay Buckey harp-ukes made in Ukraine? I am just curious. No financial interest...

Harp Ukulele - Curly Sequoia Redwood, Claro Walnut, Macassar, Abalone, Bone

I know, not the same as the one on eBay but a sample video of a different one here:

Kala KA-ATP-CTG Tenor
    KALA KA-ACP-CT Concert
    Martin 5K, 3K, 2M, O
    Aero Uke
    Lyon & Healy Shrine

Here's a second video:

Kala KA-ATP-CTG Tenor
    KALA KA-ACP-CT Concert
    Martin 5K, 3K, 2M, O
    Aero Uke
    Lyon & Healy Shrine

Emerald Synergy Uke vs Jay Buckey harp ukulele

I am a folk harper, harps with levers, and have found a harp ukulele perfect picking out a melody with harmony and no overbearing resonance and weights at least 10 pounds less than my bulky harps.

RE: Jay Buckey - Do not send this maker any money! I ordered a harp ukulele in Feb. 2018, put a deposit on it through his PayPal invoice and nothing yet - it is now Nov. 2019. I told him last month to cancel my order and return my deposit several times now. No reply. PayPal will not cooperate by returning my money as it is older than 180 day. I have read elsewhere in the guitar forums that someone had the same experience back in 2012. Wish I had seen that before I ordered.

I have an older model of a Jay Buckey harp ukulele (6 harp strings), purchased used through Elderly. It is ok. Not crazy about the tuning pegs or the maple wood - so not the greatest for performing. That's why I wanted the new model he was supposedly making.

I now possess a 100% carbon fiber harp uke from Emerald Guitars, came in one week and love it. The tuners, fretboard, sound and feel are superior to the J.B. and I donít have to worry about climate effects like I do with a wood instrument. I have had to adapt to just 4 harp strings, they will custom to have more but it is not worth the extra $$$ to me for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhoplaystheuke View Post
    Emerald Synergy Uke vs Jay Buckey harp ukulele

I am a folk harper, harps with levers, and have found a harp ukulele perfect picking out a melody with harmony and no overbearing resonance and weights at least 10 pounds less than my bulky harps.

RE: Jay Buckey - Do not send this maker any money! I ordered a harp ukulele in Feb. 2018, put a deposit on it through his PayPal invoice and nothing yet - it is now Nov. 2019. I told him last month to cancel my order and return my deposit several times now. No reply. PayPal will not cooperate by returning my money as it is older than 180 day. I have read elsewhere in the guitar forums that someone had the same experience back in 2012. Wish I had seen that before I ordered.

I have an older model of a Jay Buckey harp ukulele (6 harp strings), purchased used through Elderly. It is ok. Not crazy about the tuning pegs or the maple wood - so not the greatest for performing. That's why I wanted the new model he was supposedly making.

I now possess a 100% carbon fiber harp uke from Emerald Guitars, came in one week and love it. The tuners, fretboard, sound and feel are superior to the J.B. and I don’t have to worry about climate effects like I do with a wood instrument. I have had to adapt to just 4 harp strings, they will custom to have more but it is not worth the extra $$$ to me for now.
    If you can please post a video.

I am a fan of harp ukuleles and really love those by Duane Noble https://www.theukulelesite.com/dl-no...p-ukulele.html
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

I will see from time to time a harp uke by Bruce Wei Arts on eBay for $1000. I have a few of his custom made ukes and a ready made that I really like.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Default Harp Ukulele comparisons

I will be posting video from my programs and gigs this month and next sometime later in December.
    Here is my Jay Buckey 10 string harp ukulele that Jay is playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smYDXhDhkXk
    Here is a youtube of the Emerald Guitars Synergy Uke being played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW_8xz9Vqo&app=desktop
    I hold and play a harp uke more like Jay demonstrates. I find the Emerald Guitars one trying to make it play like a guitar. I prefer to play it like a ukulele with resonant harp strings that can harmonize or play bass. Having 6 strings is nicer, but if the wood isn't "sharp" it gets muddy. I have played a double strung harp, so I am practiced at blended or not blending tones in a song.

Thread Information