So what do you do . . .

NotoriousMOK

Reaction score
. . . when you're waiting no-so-patiently for your pretty new ukulele to arrive? I finally got around to throwing some dough for a new Gstring, and the ticks of the clock are slower than a line dance at a senior center. Hah, along with the new uke I'm waiting on strings too 'cos the ones I've got are 3 yrs old and getting pretty 'unpredictable' these days, else I would lose myself in some strums to pass the time. . . . . I suppose I could stalk the UPS driver . . . . suggestions?

I agree with you I'm waiting my Kanile'a, it should arrive Tuesday, and I know the time will be sooooo slow ...
So I'm aware for any suggestions ^^

Ah yes, I'm rather impatient too. I had to wait about a month for Power Edge to restock the item I wanted, but I got it, and waiting just made it all the sweeter. I got to play a Gstring soprano recently. It was really good. I think I need to upgrade soon from my 50 dollar one. XD

Try waiting 3 years for a Glyph! Actually, that's easy because you just forget about it until oh the end of 2009.

As for waiting for something that's on the way, why not pass time by playing your current uke(s)? Think of it as the final couple of days of solid quality time with those ukes before your new love arrives and takes away all the attention. Or something like that.

good call GX -- will do!

oh, and 3 yrs of waiting would leave a wake of poor unfortunate UPS drivers needing therapy.

10:00am Hey UPS guy -- is it here yet??? no

10:30am Hey UPS guy -- is it here yet??? NO

11:00am Hey UPS guy -- is it here yet??? NO!!

. . . you get the idea :)

I call it the "brown truck blues." I'm not much good at waiting either :)

The week I spent waiting for my Eleuke (the only uke I've ever ordered online) was probably one of the slowest weeks in my life. Besides waiting for good ol' brown to come by every day, I was also checking the tracking number every few minutes to see if the uke had made any progress. Turned out a glitch in the system had the tracking of my uke frozen in hawaii... which was rather annoying as it never showed anything and I was impatient...

Nevermind. I'm ranting.

So, anyhow... I just try to take my mind off of it, though, as you can see, that did me a lot of good.... can't wait to see how crazy I get when I get around to ordering a custom one of these days (years).

If the wait is going to be too long you have to buy something to keep you happy in the interim....or else you might go totally insane.

If the wait is going to be too long you have to buy something to keep you happy in the interim....or else you might go totally insane.

That's totally true, I'm gettin a Black&White Kala Tenor with PU shipment should be here tomorrow, but yesterday i dropped 80 bucks for a tuxedo vest that would match with it, black front and back but the back has mini polka dot designs in white haha.

ya man i feel ya.

i no your pretty much not thinking about anything else either!

lol

bad thing

theres nothing you can do about it.

but when it comes dude you are going to feel amazing!

play some video games or just keep talking all you can on these boards.

pass the time ya know?

go see some movies

btw: dont see 10000 bc..

ugg

i just didnt like it.

haha funny thing is I had it shipped to my office -- keeps me woriking :)

very smart. you must be married. hahaha that way wifey doesnt see the big empty box in the living room. hahaha.

plus you dont have to wait for that clock to make your way home to see the new axe-ette. maybe ill start doing that too. haha

Okay, this is too funny -- my shipment got here (at least a day earlier than I expected [Huge plug here -- MGM ROCKS OUT LOUD]) but some great stuff happened in my industry this morning, and I haven't even been able to get a peek at it coz I've been on the blasted phone ALL COTTONPICKIN DAY, but it rests at my feet -- agony! :)

Top Bottom