Hello from Cincinnati

DarthVader

Reaction score
Hi all -

Noob here, got my uke for Christmas and have been having a lot of fun messing around with it. I don't play any other instruments so this is all new to me - going slow but having a great time at it!

Welcome from the Mid Ohio Valley. Congratulations on your one month anniversary.

Welcome. My twin brother and I were born in Cincinnati in Sept. 1949, but we only lived there for about 10 months.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Pet peeve: "Noobs" are obnoxious individuals (same usage as "morons") regardless of their skill level, whereas "newbs" (or "newbies") are people new at something. (I fear it's too late and these terms have become interchangeable, and I'm just an Internet slang dinosaur!)

Welcome to the UU forum. :) The ukulele was my first serious attempt at an instrument. Kind of like chicken broth for the soul, really, when I got it. I find it endlessly versatile and "giving", and I'm glad I picked it up as a hobby. It's occasionally frustrating when there is a wide gap between knowledge and mechanical skill, but feeling the progress, even if it's slow at times, makes up for that.

Be sure to look up "Ukulele World Congress" not too far from Cinti.

I've been looking for posts on the Ukulele World Congress X for 2018. but I haven't seen any. Search engine on forums suck, or, I don't know how to use search engines on forums.

Hi all -

Noob here, got my uke for Christmas and have been having a lot of fun messing around with it. I don't play any other instruments so this is all new to me - going slow but having a great time at it!

Where are you located in Cinci? I'm in Landen. There are a couple of ukulele clubs in town depending on where you live. Getting involved in a Uke club will help you improve.

HatchetChuck - DarthVader hasn't shown any forum activity since 2016, he/she might not reply.

Top Bottom