Beautiful 1970's Kamaka baritone. No cracks or repairs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For sale here is a beautifully preserved All-koa Kamaka baritone, built some time in the late 1970's (according to those more knowledgable than I). All Hawaiian Koa, including the fingerboard and neck (can't get em like that any more)! No cracks or repairs, and only the most minor of scuffs. A remarkably clean instrument. This uke has low action, excellent playability and a lovely rich sound that can't be beat. Comes with what I believe to be its original (certainly period appropriate) chipboard case, with plush yellow interior.
You can buy a new Kamaka baritone for $1,595.00, OR you can buy this one that's prettier, more lightly built, more nicely finished and better-sounding for nearly half the price. I'll even throw in the extra mojo free of charge (not available on the new models).

A beautiful ukulele and a great player. I'm selling because I never play my baritones (I'm really a soprano guy at heart).
Please feel free to shoot any questions my way. If my inbox fills up (which it seems to do every 30 seconds) you can email me directly at: ernie gilbert jr (at) gmail (dot) com (remove spaces and spam proofing).
Thanks for looking!

$850, shipping included to the contiguous US. Paypal gift (or buyer covers Paypal fees) or M.O.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_10.jpg
    FullSizeRender_10.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 180
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
still more pics...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_8.jpg
    FullSizeRender_8.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 70
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 65
What's your price for this lovely ukulele?

D'OH! Sorry! I'm asking $850 shipping included to the contiguous U.S. Thanks!

Just when you think your UAS is in remission...

Man, Ernie. She's a beauty!

Thanks Connor! I have to agree with you! If I were a bari guy, she wouldn't be going anywhere, but it's a shame to let her go to waste.

Aloha Ernie, thats an awesome uke check the all koa neck kinda rare to see these days,
Where the grain runs from the headstock to the heel. They sure dont make them that way anymore

Thanks Stan- I couldn't agree more. I much prefer this vintage to their modern counterparts.

Just when you think your UAS is in remission...

Man, Ernie. She's a beauty!

You said it!

Best of luck with the sell, great price.

I have a KoAloha custom tenor that has koa body and neck. When you play it, you can actually FEEL the resonance of the music coming from the instrument. I'm betting it's similar with this bari.

If I had the money, I'd be all over this. People will soon have tax checks in hand. You should've held out and priced it higher.

Hi librainian,
I just returned your email. I'm sorry that someone beat you too it! If for any reason the sale falls through, you'll be the first to know!
Thanks very much!
Ernie

Bob- thank you for the offer, but I'll pass on that one.
Thanks!
Ernie

Hi librainian,
I just returned your email. I'm sorry that someone beat you too it! If for any reason the sale falls through, you'll be the first to know!
Thanks very much!
Ernie

I knew I should have pulled the trigger last night but I thought I'd sleep on it... dagnabit!

Keep me posted. It's a beauty.

Librainian, if I don't bond with it, I'll contact you and pass it along. I've offered that twice before. One time I didn't bond and another time I did. But no promises that I won't bond with this one! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom