EUC glossy Pono PCO with strap and hard shell case $240 ppd

Status
Not open for further replies.

trsarah

Reaction score
Second owner of this concert uke and passing along the great deal I got. It is solid wood and beautiful - just a couple of nicks on the very top of the head and a gloss bubble on the bottom. There isn't a lot of info on this model but it was made by Ko'olau. I called them and they said it is "absolutely comparable" to the MCD and that the price I got it for (200 ppd) was a "steal." I have increased the price to reflect the changes I made - having strap pegs installed, new strings put on that Ko'olau recommended (can't remember the name - something like Ohi??) a couple of months ago.

It's lovely. The reason I am selling is that I am still very much a novice with a toddler, and this one just feels "too nice." I have a Cordoba 22-TM and a plastic Waterman that I just pick up and play and feel comfortable leaving lying around. So I don't know a ton about ukes, but the guitar tech who played it at DiPinto Guitars in Philly said it sounded "fantastic" and "very sweet." If anyone seriously interested wants a sound sample from a novice on their phone, I can try to do it. I can't always see messages so serious inquiries please contact TrSarah@gmail.com. Thanks!

Here's the link to the Google Drive album of the pics. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9eYqMrVpuUWUGNMX2h2YlpHRm8&usp=sharing

Last edited:
Re: those strings, I think they are likely Alohi's. They are similar to Living Water, Worth Clear, etc. I have them on my concert Pono and they provide a great balance of brightness/warmth, with good resonance, projection, and sustain. Nice Strings. At that price point, some folks are buying laminates and solid topped laminates (some costing $100 bucks more). I wouldn't expect it to last very long.

Re: those strings, I think they are likely Alohi's. They are similar to Living Water, Worth Clear, etc. I have them on my concert Pono and they provide a great balance of brightness/warmth, with good resonance, projection, and sustain. Nice Strings. At that price point, some folks are buying laminates and solid topped laminates (some costing $100 bucks more). I wouldn't expect it to last very long.

Those strings sound like just what I am looking for. Similar to Oasis?

Yes! Thank you, Phil. They are indeed Alohis. They made this uke much brighter. It was a bit too mellow for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom