UU Jam or Seasonistas get together at Grand Northern Ukulele Festival in May?

maryagn3s

Reaction score
Howdy awesome ukers!

I've been chatting to a few folks and there's a good few UU folks coming to GNUF (Grand Northern Uke Fest). I am pretty sure some are also seasonistas.

I wondered if we might plan a proper UU jam.
I ask because I organise the festival and I've really enjoyed meeting and jamming with other UU folks at UWC and at NAMM and elsewhere.

If there's enough seasonistas maybe we could do something around that.

I'm working on the weekend plans right now and just thought I'd ask for opinions.

:)
Mx

I'm up for that! Any time, any place. But preferably one with beer.

The Lawrence Batley Theatre is a fully licensed venue with some excellent bottled real ales (nothing on pump for ale, AFAIK, still, the bottled ale I had last year was cracking and very local!)

And don't forget the Friday and Saturday nights at the pub at the station.
Lots of beer, four interlinked rooms, and something different happening in each room.
Those nights were the icing on the cake for me.
H

And don't forget the Friday and Saturday nights at the pub at the station.
Lots of beer, four interlinked rooms, and something different happening in each room.
Those nights were the icing on the cake for me.
H
That is the reason I have booked a hotel for the Friday night too. Last time I arrived on Saturday morning and realised I had missed a good night out.

That is the reason I have booked a hotel for the Friday night too. Last time I arrived on Saturday morning and realised I had missed a good night out.

Last year's Head of Steam was crazy busy! I remember fighting the way to the microphone to do the mini-raffle during Mike's set on the Friday evening!

There's a pub around the corner that just got in touch and is happy for it to be a UU/seasonistas/slightly quieter jam & beer space.

I will speak to him next week. Could be promising. :)
mx

There's a pub around the corner that just got in touch and is happy for it to be a UU/seasonistas/slightly quieter jam & beer space.

mx

Is that the place that does craft beer and tacos?

You're gonna have a hard time getting me out of there

mx

Yay! It did strike me last year, during a rare quiet half hour, that there were quite a few pubs within 200 yards of the venue who might have welcomed a sudden influx of uke players during the day. Even in addition to this UU/Seasonista extra session. If the festival program listed a willing pub or two, I'm sure they would get customers. They could have a sign in the window - Ukes welcome. No banjos. No accordians.

Just saw this (been hit with stupidly horrible family stuff) - there are a couple of pubs in town and i am going to go meet with them in April to see which would be willing to host a UU jam. there's one that likes the idea of it already so i am going there first (i am told he has great beer).
:)
-maryagnes

Who's going to this? Me, Hms... maryagn3s & Kris organising it, Mim running the open mic, mattyukaholic performing. Anyone else?

Iirc Myra Ukulele is going, she is booked onto Mim's sideshow.
H

Top Bottom