Opening Day - MLB

Cubs and Sox, but I lean more towards the Cubs, like 70%.

My team?

Born and raised die hard Giants fan. Have to go with my team and our 12-year-old Cy Young Winner.

Being from CT you must be either a Sox and Yanks fan...and my families from New York so let the hate begin. YANKEES!!!! all the way baby this is our year.

I grew up liking the Dodgers, and still casually root for them, but I live/breathe/die on every pitch with the Red Sox. I'm fanatical about them, and I think that Jimmy Fallon actually played me in "Fever Pitch." YOOOOOUUUUKKKK! (You gotta love the ability to shout something that sounds like "uke" whenever your first baseman comes to bat).

Lets Go Yanks! Tough start for our new main man but he'll settle down once he gets futher into the season! :rock:

Go Ichiro & the Yankees!

My dad has always been a huge Yankee fan and just returned to Oahu yesterday from attending a couple of pre-season games in the new Yankee Stadium. He was in heaven to say the least. He also caught a game in the new NY Met Stadium too and had wonderful things to say about the design and atmosphere of them both.

As for me, well, call it family tradition or being brainwashed over the years but I'm in on the Yankee loop as well. but deep down inside I'm also rooting for Ichiro Suzuki too. The guy is amazing!!

ahui ho,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

My dad has always been a huge Yankee fan and just returned to Oahu yesterday from attending a couple of pre-season games in the new Yankee Stadium. He was in heaven to say the least. He also caught a game in the new NY Met Stadium too and had wonderful things to say about the design and atmosphere of them both.

I'm glad to hear both stadiums sound great. Prior to Opening Day, I had taken in a game at all 30 MLB ballparks. Once the Yankees and Mets got new ones, it dropped me down to 28. I have my tickets ready and I'm eager to check them both out this September. Looking forward to the Mets game, but I can't wait for Sox/Yanks on 9/26 in the Bronx - Woo hoo!

wow...all 30?

I'm glad to hear both stadiums sound great. Prior to Opening Day, I had taken in a game at all 30 MLB ballparks. Once the Yankees and Mets got new ones, it dropped me down to 28. I have my tickets ready and I'm eager to check them both out this September. Looking forward to the Mets game, but I can't wait for Sox/Yanks on 9/26 in the Bronx - Woo hoo!

my dad is going to freak when I tell him that I know of someone who attended all 30 parks (and is headed to the two he recently checked out himself)!

which park is most memorable for you? i've only been to Wrigley myself and it was a majestic experience.... :D

mahalo,
shawn

my dad is going to freak when I tell him that I know of someone who attended all 30 parks (and is headed to the two he recently checked out himself)!

which park is most memorable for you? i've only been to Wrigley myself and it was a majestic experience.... :D

mahalo,
shawn

My favorite experience is Wrigley Field. There is something about the ivy, the Chicago dog, the bleacher bums, it's great. I'm actually headed to a Cubs game there this month, I still don't know why they have mai tais, but I drink one every time! My other fave is Fenway but I fully admit I might be biased as a Sox fan.

The surprising great one that nobody knows about is PNC Park in Pittsburgh. After Wrigley and Fenway, it is actually my favorite. You have to go to a night game, in the upper decks. You get a fantastic view of the city skyline, and you walk across the Roberto Clemente bridge to get to the game. It is gorgeous, good food, never tough to get a reasonable ticket (sorry Pirates fans!) and hands down my next favorite.

Safeco in Seattle and Coors Field in Denver are pretty nice as well.

Every year, I usually head back to a couple of parks. I'm going to San Diego today for a Dodgers/Padres game, and San Francisco for a Giants/Dodgers game in a couple of weeks. Also doing Chicago for a White Sox game (though mainly because the friend going with me hasn't been to Cellular) and said trip to Wrigley. Then, of course, the Yankees and Mets this September. I usually try to fit in a game at Fenway each year, but couldn't afford a trip to Boston when I'm already doing Chicago and New York this year.

I'm glad your dad liked them, I can't wait!

Also doing Chicago for a White Sox game (though mainly because the friend going with me hasn't been to Cellular) and said trip to Wrigley.

Have fun in our beautiful city! Hope it stops snowing by then. ;)

Safeco is pretty good! Pittsburg sounds good I might go check that out on of these days.

I hated Dodgers, Oakland and San Francisco. San Fran being the worst. Horrible set up!

Wasted much of my youth in Wrigley Field being a Cub fan as they fought for last place with the Phillies. Those little pocket calendars of game days had a dotted line to help with how to fold them up for your wallet. The dotted line was placed between July and August and said "fold here." Everyone in Chicago knew what that meant.

Living around DC for 40 years, I became a Nationals fan as soon as they (Expos) moved to DC. GO NATS!

Top Bottom