Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day - MLB

Brooklyn Mets fan here

Default wow...all 30?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwahine11 View Post
    I'm glad to hear both stadiums sound great. Prior to Opening Day, I had taken in a game at all 30 MLB ballparks. Once the Yankees and Mets got new ones, it dropped me down to 28. I have my tickets ready and I'm eager to check them both out this September. Looking forward to the Mets game, but I can't wait for Sox/Yanks on 9/26 in the Bronx - Woo hoo!
    my dad is going to freak when I tell him that I know of someone who attended all 30 parks (and is headed to the two he recently checked out himself)!

which park is most memorable for you? i've only been to Wrigley myself and it was a majestic experience....

mahalo,
    shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

The White Sox in the American league and Phillies in National league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Friend View Post
    my dad is going to freak when I tell him that I know of someone who attended all 30 parks (and is headed to the two he recently checked out himself)!

which park is most memorable for you? i've only been to Wrigley myself and it was a majestic experience....

mahalo,
    shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com
    My favorite experience is Wrigley Field. There is something about the ivy, the Chicago dog, the bleacher bums, it's great. I'm actually headed to a Cubs game there this month, I still don't know why they have mai tais, but I drink one every time! My other fave is Fenway but I fully admit I might be biased as a Sox fan.

The surprising great one that nobody knows about is PNC Park in Pittsburgh. After Wrigley and Fenway, it is actually my favorite. You have to go to a night game, in the upper decks. You get a fantastic view of the city skyline, and you walk across the Roberto Clemente bridge to get to the game. It is gorgeous, good food, never tough to get a reasonable ticket (sorry Pirates fans!) and hands down my next favorite.

Safeco in Seattle and Coors Field in Denver are pretty nice as well.

Every year, I usually head back to a couple of parks. I'm going to San Diego today for a Dodgers/Padres game, and San Francisco for a Giants/Dodgers game in a couple of weeks. Also doing Chicago for a White Sox game (though mainly because the friend going with me hasn't been to Cellular) and said trip to Wrigley. Then, of course, the Yankees and Mets this September. I usually try to fit in a game at Fenway each year, but couldn't afford a trip to Boston when I'm already doing Chicago and New York this year.

I'm glad your dad liked them, I can't wait!
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwahine11 View Post
    Also doing Chicago for a White Sox game (though mainly because the friend going with me hasn't been to Cellular) and said trip to Wrigley.
    Have fun in our beautiful city! Hope it stops snowing by then.

Rangers 4 me .
    Youtube | Facebook http://twitter.com/#!/stephenUKE

Mainland red cedar tenor Gold Tone Concert Banjo . I am converting people to the ukulele one strum at a time

Safeco is pretty good! Pittsburg sounds good I might go check that out on of these days.

I hated Dodgers, Oakland and San Francisco. San Fran being the worst. Horrible set up!
    UKES 4 KIDS

Dodgers here. Lotta changes this year. Actually, I’m not the avid Dodger fan, my wife is. Anyway, GO BIG BLUE!
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE - Finger style
    Gold Tone “Mini” Travel banjo - Steel GCEA - Noodling
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGBD Plectrum music

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum ‘n Sing

Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA - Wall hanger
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Wall hanger
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano - Wall hanger
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - Bookshelf

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Which ever one is still banging the garbage can . Dodgers may be tough, after adding Mookie and Price from the Sox.
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 02-12-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    John

Wasted much of my youth in Wrigley Field being a Cub fan as they fought for last place with the Phillies. Those little pocket calendars of game days had a dotted line to help with how to fold them up for your wallet. The dotted line was placed between July and August and said "fold here." Everyone in Chicago knew what that meant.

Living around DC for 40 years, I became a Nationals fan as soon as they (Expos) moved to DC. GO NATS!

Thread Information