Kanile'a K1-T Gloss Koa Tenor with MISI Pickup and Hard Shell Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
***** SOLD *****

Pictures can be seen at:

https://goo.gl/photos/daMvpqBWYQd118oYA

Recently I tried something different. I put up my Microsoft Surface Pro up for trade and asked for a Uke. I received a few offers and the best one was this.

I haven't tried a Kanile'a tenor in a while so decided to give it a go. As with most Kanile'a's, it is extremely well built with a beautiful gloss finish. As a full sized tenor, it's just too big for me as I play mostly LN Concerts, but I wanted to give it a go.

If you've read my previous posts, you know I am extremely detailed in my descriptions so you will know what you will be getting. This is not perfect. It has been previously loved. There are some new items installed and it has a few love taps on it.

A new MISI pickup was installed.

A new bone saddle was installed.

A new bone nut was installed.

The Head stock has a slight chip and a scratch on it. The chip can be seen on the fourth picture from the end. The scratch cannot be seen in the picture.

Running your hands around the edges on the top and bottom, you will experience a few non smooth parts, but nothing major. One of these is shown in the third to the last picture. It is worse in the picture due to reflections and shadowing.

The second to the last picture shows a scratch in the wood on the lower bass side on the back.

The last picture has a hole that has been smoothed over. This is where the pin was before it was moved to other side of the neck. The simple solution to this is to just put another pin in to the hole again and that problem is solved.

There are some little marks along the back, and very little on the front. Nothing that affects sound, and you have to look for most of them.

It is nicer from the front than the back, which is more important anyway.

For a Kanile'a Tenor with the addition of a MISI pickup, the price is right at $850 OBO and we split shipping. PP Friends and Family.

Pictures can be seen at:

https://goo.gl/photos/daMvpqBWYQd118oYA

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Beauty! I've had many flawless dealings with Lenny! GREAT guy to do biz with. Good luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom