KoAloha book project

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Many of you know that Chuck Moore and I recently collaborated on a book about Moore Bettah ukuleles, called Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele. I want to thank all the owners that participated in interviews, as well as everyone that bought a copy. They are in Chuck's hands now, being autographed, and should be shipped out around the second week of March.

I am now beginning to research my follow-up project, a book about KoAloha ukuleles and the Okamis. I spent yesterday at the factory, doing the first interview with Pops and look forward to capturing the KoAloha spirit and magic.

I would like to put out a request for anyone that has artistic, high-resolution images of their ukuleles and that is willing to have them published.

In addition, if you have a personal story about a KoAloha ukukele, or personal interaction with the Okamis and would like to be interviewed, please post your name here or PM me so I may send you a questionnaire.

Thanks very much!

Hi Staci,

Thanks for doing these projects. They will serve as a legacy to document the amazing work that has been done by these expert luthiers. I am sure that many folks will appreciate your tireless efforts to document these fine instruments.

Mahalo,

Booli

Aloha Staci,

I bought a used KoAloha tenor 'ukulele from a UU member after, and in large part because of, my visit to KoAloha in 2011. I got to meet Pops Okami, who told me the story of, and let me hold, the mini ukulele that launched KoAloha, and everyone there was extremely nice. These 'ukuleles are clearly made with aloha. My tenor has interesting colors in the grain, and I can take some photos of it that I hope will be good enough for you to use.

Your Moore Bettah book is a masterpiece, and I have no doubt that your KoAloha book will be great as well.

PM sent. :D

Just a bit of a bump to this one as I'm hoping to complete owner interviews by the end of March. So far interviews are going great, a good amount of owners are participating, and I have already begun the interviews with Pops, Alan, Paul, etc. I have also got agreements with Daniel Ho, Roy Sakuma and Jason Arimoto, and Gary San Angel (who directed KoAloha Story and My KoAloha Story). If any UU members have a unique KoAloha story, or high-res, artistic images of your KoAloha, and would like to be included in the book about KoAloha, please let me know. :)

Hi, Staci - I thought I sent you a PM, but can't find it... I was falling asleep at the keyboard a lot this week.

I've got my Sceptre that I picked up at Ukulele Source in 2011. Very special to me, and a fantastic instrument.

Let me know if you would like any more information.

-Kurt​

Hi, Staci - I thought I sent you a PM, but can't find it... I was falling asleep at the keyboard a lot this week.

I've got my Sceptre that I picked up at Ukulele Source in 2011. Very special to me, and a fantastic instrument.

Let me know if you would like any more information.

-Kurt​

Kurt, sending you a PM.

Top Bottom