FS: Ludwig Wendell Hall Banjo Uke w/ HSC

fernandogardinali

Reaction score
I'm selling my classic Ludwig Wendell Hall from the 1920s. This is the best banjo-uke I've ever played, but I haven't been playing a lot of banjolele lately, so I'm letting it go.

Firstly, this uke isn't in excellent condition. I'd say it's an instrument good for players, but if you're a collector, it probably won't do. It sounds amazing, it's loud and the tone is great, like a Ludwig. But there are more than a few aesthetic issues, but nothing that affects playability or tone.

The biggest issue is a crack on the side of the resonator (there's a detailed photo). I can't imagine how that happened, but probably it was a long time ago. Also, there's a fair quantity of scratches in the back, probably from a belt, the armrest is there but it's very rusty and I took it off (I prefer playing without it), and the heel cap and a screw are missing.

The uke looks solid, though. I recently put a new Clifford Essex calfskin head, a new non-tip bridge and a custom-made hard case for it.

It's hard to put a price on it because of the issues, so I'll be accepting reasonable offers.

Payment methods: PayPal.2016-02-18 22.35.44.jpg2016-02-18 22.35.52.jpg2016-02-18 22.35.58.jpg2016-02-18 22.36.08.jpg2016-02-18 22.37.52.jpg

Last edited:
I've always wanted one of these! Any chance you might be willing to trade for something? Any type of uke (or five string banjo :rolleyes:) you've been looking for?

Cheers,
Max

Last edited:
Top Bottom