Resonator tenor ?

TheCraftedCow

Reaction score
I was asked last night if resonator ukes, either wood or metal body come in tenor scale. Does the idea of a tenor neck on a concert seem like a possible solution if such a thing does not already exist? I have already told him that the price he has as too much.... is probably not enough. Thank you for any replies.

Go to eBay and look up resonator tenor ukulele, mainly Kala.

What actually is the reason that resonator ukuleles are so overwhelmingly in soprano and especially concert size? I mean, is there an explanation other than demand?

Several options of tenor scale resonators available, one is from Koki'o (import brand from Risa):

What actually is the reason that resonator ukuleles are so overwhelmingly in soprano and especially concert size? I mean, is there an explanation other than demand?
Probably because the resonator itself is the main tonal component on them. Larger wood bodies do make a difference, but not a ton.

Mya Moe do a very nice Tenor Reso.

Can't speak for other models, but I've been told that the Nationals are the size that they are because they are made from the original circa 1920s molds. A friend actually came close to getting them to make a custom tenor but it sounds like they ran into unforeseen difficulties and it never happened.

Top Bottom