FS: Favilla Baritone & Original Case - Super Clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
UKE IS SOLD!

Selling a Favilla baritone with its original case. Both are in super-clean condition. This baritone is a joy to listen to; it's deep, sonorous, soulful. I owned a newer solid-mahogany baritone, but there was no comparison between its sound and this Favilla's. The aged mahogany and light build produce a depth and resonance that I've only heard in one other baritone (a Martin that I stupidly sold years ago). This is the sound you want if you play baritone!
IMG_0259.jpgIMG_0260.jpgIMG_0261.jpgIMG_0262.jpg
The uke is all original, with nothing broken, nothing loose, no finish checking. The neck is straight and solidly attached. The factory action is high-ish up the neck, consistent with every Favilla I've owned, but there's ample saddle to take it down. There are superficial dings, mostly on the edge, but they're pretty insignificant. Please check the photos.

Reason I'm selling: I stopped playing baritone and am focused on guitar and smaller ukes.

Asking:... I'll split any PayPal fees. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!
Tom

Last edited:
That is in amazing condition. It looks beautiful and I am sure it sounds great.
Do you have a sound sample?

...and good luck with the sale.

Sweet ukulele, TommyB!

Any idea on the age?

From the serial number photo it looks like it was made in October 1969 and was the 94th instrument produced that year. I could be wrong.

Tom Favilla could tell you for sure. But I would guess the uke is 47 years old.

I had one of these and really loved it. This one is really super clean and I would buy it if I didn't already have a Kinnard baritone.

Good luck to the OP with the sale!

From the serial number photo it looks like it was made in October 1969 and was the 94th instrument produced that year. I could be wrong.

Tom Favilla could tell you for sure. But I would guess the uke is 47 years old.

I had one of these and really loved it. This one is really super clean and I would buy it if I didn't already have a Kinnard baritone.

Good luck to the OP with the sale!

Thanks for that info, NewKid. I was going to put in an inquiry to Tom, but the uke appears to be sold already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom