Thoughts on the Pono Nui "Big" baritone

Sorry, but nope. I'm looking at the specifications table, specifically the rows for models UL4-10, UL4-20, UL4-30, and UL4-40; and the column labeled Nut Width.

I tried sending you a PM but your box is full. I spoke to Andrew last night the nut width is 1-3/8", the spec sheet info stating 1.75" was a typo and it is wrong. Andrew said he would let his dad know so he can change it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sorry again for the thread jack Kissing

Good idea. I normally don't care for the baritone, but of course, Corey makes this one sing. The clawhammer stuff I've heard Ken Middleton and others play show me what a bari is for.
Plus, you're carrying around a LOT less weight than a guitar. Sometimes less is more.

Ken has his set-up with a High-D, which I dig on a Nylon string uke.

This new steel string is something I have been wanting for awhile. It is on my short list... only thing on my short-list at the moment

I tried sending you a PM but your box is full. I spoke to Andrew last night the nut width is 1-3/8", the spec sheet info stating 1.75" was a typo and it is wrong. Andrew said he would let his dad know so he can change it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sorry again for the thread jack Kissing

No worries. I'm very interested in this instrument, too. And Pono's UL4 seems to be a close cousin of the Baritone Nui, so I think this subject is on topic (i.e., not a thread hijack). Did Andrew mention when UL4's will be available for purchase?

Thoughts on the Pono Nui "Big" baritone​

I'm most impressed! I came across it by accident.

I believe that it could compliment my current ensemble (I multi-track record Light Classical pieces) - Bass guitar > Classical Guitar > Baritone Uke > Tenor uke (Koa) & Chromatic Harmonica.

After hearing demos' of the Nui, I now realize that it can fill out the mid range covered by the B. Uke when I wish for a guitar rather than uke sound.

I came across a nice comparison of the Baritone and (Nui - Big) Baritone / Tenor guitar:

Wow! A tenor guitar that does not use a (very narrow) banjo-width nut. These should sell.

Thoughts on the Pono Nui "Big" baritone​

I'm most impressed! I came across it by accident.

I believe that it could compliment my current ensemble (I multi-track record Light Classical pieces) - Bass guitar > Classical Guitar > Baritone Uke > Tenor uke (Koa) & Chromatic Harmonica.

After hearing demos' of the Nui, I now realize that it can fill out the mid range covered by the B. Uke when I wish for a guitar rather than uke sound.

I came across a nice comparison of the Baritone and (Nui - Big) Baritone / Tenor guitar:

Hey, I know that guy! That is Les Stansell from Curry County, Oregon. I used to buy wood from him (Port Orford Cedar....heavenly stuff!)

Top Bottom