Waiting for FedEx

BB11

Reaction score
Cool, 40's now. Not sure about opening the case, nitro finish. Was it stored in a cold warehouse, i would think? In truck for delivery right now.

With guitars I generally wait a day, not sure if this temperature is too cold but i think i am going to wait.

It's gonna be a tough waiting game. Better grab some coffee and donuts ;).

What exactly are you expecting from fedex? Not sure if I'm late to the party or what.

It just came, Kamaka Tenor. Case is on the cold side, now it is the waiting game.

I tried to but the price was much more. I got a good deal from a mid west dealer. They also sell a lot moe ukuleles. The local shop did not want to even look to see if a set up was needed. All my guitars have been purchased from dealers that had to ship the guitars to me. It seems to work out ok.

I think waiting more than a couple hours is pure superstition faith based voodoo hoojoo.

~alabastro~

I tried to but the price was much more. I got a good deal from a mid west dealer. They also sell a lot moe ukuleles. The local shop did not want to even look to see if a set up was needed. All my guitars have been purchased from dealers that had to ship the guitars to me. It seems to work out ok.

I live in Hawaii so do not have to worry about a cold case...:) Kamaka has the best setup/fretwork of the K brands but I have seen some that buzz a little or may need some work....strange that the dealer did not want to look at the uke...but I guess they trust Kamaka....

hopefully when the temp is right everything is good....good luck...:)

I am in New Hampshire and if ithas been cold overnight, wait a few hours before opening the case. When it is open, I feel the strings, fret wires and tuners. If the metal doesn't feel cold, I remove it from the case, do a quick inspection, then feel the back. If it feels like room temperature, then all is good. You just want to avoid sudden changes that could crack the finish, or worse. Enjoy the new uke.

All is good. The case warmed up, i waited, opened the case and the uke was warn, or room temp. Had it checked out, all looks good. Now to learn tp play, translate those guitar chords.

Top Bottom