FS: Custom Kanile'a "honu" koa tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieS

Reaction score
Aloha folks, I am listing my custom Kanile’a tenor ukulele for sale. This has been a fantastic uke for me and the only reason I am selling is for financial reasons due to recently acquiring a Moore Bettah ukulele.

This ukulele was built as a one-time custom for me in 2015. I was able to spec it exactly how I desired, and therefore the instrument is truly one of a kind, down to featuring a honu on the fretboard. The tone it produces is bright, clear, crisp, and sweet. I’ve owned about 25 ukes over the years and this one is in the top 3 as far as tone. It’s also flawlessly made, very light and well balanced with a fast neck and good action. It is in excellent condition with no visible wear aside from minor fret wear and has been kept in a temperature and humidity controlled environment. If requested, I can create a video sound sample. Here are specs:

- Tenor 4-string
- Premium select curly koa body
- Thick abalone rosette with black inner and outer trim
- Black binding on front and back of body
- Ebony fret board, bridge and headplate
- Radiused fretboard
- Thin slotted headstock with Gotoh stealth tuners
- Abalone Kanile’a logo on headstock
- Abalone honu inlayed at 12th fret
- UV high gloss finish on body
- UV silk satin finish on neck
- Included black hardshell case
- Strung with d’Addario reentrant strings
- Passive pickup installed
- Strap button on neck

Asking price is [SOLD]. Thanks!DSC02478.jpgDSC02483.jpgDSC02485.jpgDSC02486.jpgDSC02489.jpg

Last edited:
As an owner of a Kanile'a, all I can say is WOW. That wood, that gloss, that Kanile'a sound...

Best on the sale.

Bump for the gorgeous Koa and I love the ebony slotted headstock. Too rich for my blood but good luck.

I've been greatly enjoying using this uke as my high G instrument and I really love it, but it is back on the market at a lowered price.

Last edited:
PM sent to you.

Beautiful Kanile'a Natalie. Good luck with the sale.................it should sell fast.

Thank you all for your kind words. This ukulele has sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom