Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: movie

Default movie

world's best horror movies?

Okay here goes...

So, taking the usual suspects as a given - The Exorcist, The Shining, Alien, The Thing, Dawn of the Dead etc. etc.

Asia: J-horror is hugely over-rated IMHO. My take is that it was hyped up as the next big thing and then a bunch of critics leapt feverishly onto the bandwagon. However... The original Ringu is worth a look and is infinitely better than the US remake (ignore anyone who tries to tell you different ). also, check out I Saw the Devil, from Korea.

The Americas: del Toro's Cronos is possibly the best vampire movie ever made.

Europe: Let the Right One In is possibly the best vampire movie ever made.

Australia: The Loved Ones is good. The Babadook is creepy as hell.

Other stuff...

Early German cinema: Both Nosferatu and The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari are pretty essential viewing for horror aficionados.

Overlooked gems: Philip Kaufman's 1978 remake of Invasion of The Body Snatchers is awesome. Polanski's The Tenant is one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen (I mean that in a good way).

Polanski's Repulsion had a great effect on me, but I last saw it in the mid sixties. I'm not sure what effect it would have if I saw it today.

I like to watching horror movie thank you for sharing

Mama and Insidious series are good. You should check them out. There are quite a few horror scenes in these movies that could surprise you.

"sinister" for sure

Now it is enough to watch the news - there is a continuous horror movie.

I am looking for some cool new horror movies. Any recommendations, guys? I have got a fire stick, installed Kodi on it plus set up the VPN using the guide from https://www.firesticktricks.com/inst...firestick.html so now I can watch any movies and tv shows online. But it is so hard to choose something good now I need you help with it!
    Last edited by charre; 01-18-2021 at 12:22 AM.

I love horror movies because I find many of them to be very funny. Of course, some are scary, but many are badly-done. I've watched just about all of them on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Someone mentioned the Shining. I thought the TV version was much better than the movie version. I'm, looking forward to seeing what you list as good ones - some I probably missed.

The trouble with Netflix is that they don't offer many of the "Good" movies. Instead, they're raising their price to offer us more homemade junk.
    Last edited by Jerryc41; 12-23-2020 at 02:58 AM.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information