New member from the PNW

JDIII

Reaction score
Greetings!

Just signed up today to UU. Been playing bass for about 8 years and have always wanted a uke. Planning on buying my first one this weekend from a local south end WA shop.

I'm looking forward to diving head first into the wealth of knowledge and experience everyone brings to UU.

J.D.

Welcome aboard. :)

(Just a quick hint, buy something around about £50~£60 if you can, (or more), & check that it will be set up properly for you.)

Thanks! I had to look up the conversion to USD lol. I plan on spending $100-$200 on it and since this guy runs his own shop, I'm hoping he sets it up properly as well.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. Try a bass uke yet?

I have not, nor have I heard of one. Seen the banjo ukes, but not bass ukes.

The bass Ukes are awesome.. I bet you would like it..since youre a bass player.. You can do a search online and see what they look like..
RoadToad builds bass ukes... I think he may have some audio of his ukes on his site... search his name and youll pull up his site.. good luck on your purchase.:D

Welcome. In my signature are bass ukes, as well as a few very short electric basses. I started playing bass uke about a year ago with the group I play uke with The CC Strummers. For the 50 odd years I played guitar, I was often told I should play bass, but I didn't want to be encumbered by those large electric basses, forget a standup bass. Then almost 4 years ago I started playing uke. A while later the leader asked if anyone would like to take up bass to fill out our sound. That's when I discovered all the very short scale basses out there. As you see, BAS (bass acquisition syndrome) has a good hold on me. I like to modify them too.

Welcome to UU.

You're going to love it here!

Welcome, from just across the bridge.
Do tell, if there is a good shop in S Sound that I have missed...

Hello and Welcome! Don't know about the Couv, but ABC Music in Salem sets up all their stringed instruments. Recently drove down there to purchase a new "beater" uke, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they even setup the Makala Shark I bought. :cheers:

Welcome from sunnier and warmer Arizona.
Definitely check out the U-bass (not sure what the name is). Sometimes you can get them used here on the market.

Top Bottom