Song Help Request Coldplay - See You Soon

caltheme

Reaction score
Hey all, trying to learn one of my fav Coldplay songs on uke: Ive found a pretty great cover on youtube, but having trouble deciphering the chords he used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT9XPCyf6Nw

I know the main melody is coming from the E string - moving to and from the 3rd to 5th to 7th fret, but not sure on the rest.

Thanks, appreciate any help!

Those four months without a response doe...

Anyways, I'd say the chords are Em, Dadd11 (0220), G, Dadd11. And you're right, the main melody is played like 043x...065x...077x...022x...
Then you get that high part before he starts singing that goes like 098x...077x...022x... The chords would be Am7, G, Dadd11.
Then more of the main melody :O
Then he plays a CMA7 like 0032 and the next chord after that is Dadd11. I don't listen to this song too often, so I know you have the rhythm down way better than I do. All you need are that CMA7 and Dadd11 to play this part. There's also some slides and hammer-ons, but I think you can figure them out or just be creative and do those little nuanced things whenever you feel like.

The rest of the song should now be pretty straightforward. I'll leave it to you.

Sorry for the long wait! You might not be cool with me or the UU community anymore, but I hope you're still jamming wherever you are :D
Alohaz fam

Top Bottom