Hey Brian, i'm working on getting either Kimi or Marc to consider hosting, but in the short term if you get to a point where you don't have a host, and you can give me a few days notice i'd be glad to fill in
cheers, kev ~

i'll go #443 brother.
edit: just noticed #443 is accounted for.
i'll go #444.

Last edited:
I've managed to hit my personal goal to actually finish and post several entries, so on to the next goal:

I'd love to toss my hat into the ring and host 447.

Then I'm reclaiming the hat. Camera can't handle the glare otherwise.

I've managed to hit my personal goal to actually finish and post several entries, so on to the next goal:

I'd love to toss my hat into the ring and host 447.

Then I'm reclaiming the hat. Camera can't handle the glare otherwise.

We love a debut host Arcy - thank you!

I’m happy to host 449 on the understanding that I will finish the season 24 hours early, thus cutting out the overlap day with the following season.

Last edited:
here's some of the discussion from Jon's recent season...

honestly folks, gotta say -
i hate this transition between the seasons...
the last day of any host's week is a dead end.
everyone's gone right. we all know it.
why don't we cut each week at the time the new one starts?

Totally with you on this one Jon - I’ve posted a couple of times myself on this very subject but nothing changes. The lack of entries on the overlapping day is a horrible way to end the week for a host, however successfully the season has gone leading up to that. So next time I host I’ll do my own thing and end it on the Saturday - which also has the advantage of giving me the opportunity for a nice timely wrap while the season is still fresh in everybody’s minds. This may be the only way to change things. If there are any objections to this I’ll simply stop hosting altogether.

there was more discussion if you care to go back and have a look

and here's Del's conditional offer to host

I’m happy to host 449 on the understanding that I will finish the season 24 hours early, thus cutting out the overlap day with the following season.

i don't know why the seasons were set up the way they were
it is certainly quirky that they go for 8 days with an overlap
but they've been that way for the 406 continuous weeks I've been participating (and from the beginning afaik)
both Jon's and Ylle's recent seasons had some really good contributions submitted on the overlap day

i'm just one voice here but i see no need to change this aspect of the seasons - they have been pretty successful the way they are......

So Brian, you are really prepared to lose a damn good host (and at a time when only two more weeks are covered) for the sake of a pointless tradition that puts others off hosting too? Really?

Top Bottom