Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: concert or tenor??/

Red face concert or tenor??/

Hello im beginner and im going to buy my first ukulele and im thinking which size is better for beginner? also ill send you few links of ukuleles id like to buy so you can offer which one is better
    1. http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-b...a-concert.html
    2.http://www.southernukulelestore.co.u...oncert-Ukulele
    3.http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-b...ngo-tenor.html
    4.http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-b...r-package.html
    i cant afford more expensive ukes than 400dollars. if you know something else with good price pls put link in comments

I'll save the better choice for others. Those are all good Uke manufactures.

As far as size goes, the tenor will typically give you a bigger sound. If you plan to travel with it, the concert is easier to travel with.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Martynas View Post
    Hello im beginner and im going to buy my first ukulele and im thinking which size is better for beginner?
    You should buy a Standard ("soprano"). You did say you wanted a "ukulele", didn't you?

ha so you dont think its worth to buy those old ukes or its ok? i wont travel with it just practice and play for fun at home. so im asking which is more comfortable and better for beginner

what do you guys think about this uke ? http://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloh...e-package.html
    or should i first buy 50 euros uke just to check how it works and after year buy a better one?

You have been making a LOT of posts lately, asking the same questions over and over, constantly doubting yourself.
    Make up your own mind. Stop asking people to tell you what to do!

There's no objectively "better" ukulele. You need to choose for yourself what you like.
    If you ask 1000 people, you will get 1000 unique answers. There's no right answer.

Is concert or tenor better for beginner?
    There's no answer to that. A beginner can begin with any size ukulele.

Should you buy a cheap ukulele first? Or go straight for a higher quality one?

Well what do you think? You buy a cheap ukulele, you will get cheap quality. It may be good enough to 'test' what an ukulele is like, but it will be nowhere as good as a $400 one. What are the pros and cons of that? For goodness sake, think about it.

What would I buy if I had $400?
    I would get this:
    http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-m...any-tenor.html

But not because it's the ultimate choice that everyone should pick. But because I personally like the features of this uke:

-All solid mahogany giving a rich, deep tone
    -Impressed with Pono's products
    -Adjustable truss rod is nifty (but not compulsory) feature in my opinion
    -Sound sample video is great!
    -The Ukulele Site will do a setup for optimal playing.
    -I like tenors.
    -The description on the website says they reckon it's one of the best sounding ukuleles for that price. I agree with them.
    Last edited by kissing; 03-27-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Here's a novel idea go to a store and play both sizes and see which you like better.

I know what's it's like to go back and forth, back and forth. My sympathies ��. In my opinion, (and I've been playing for about 3 years now and have played a variety of brands and sizes), the KoAloha Opio and Pono brands are the best in your price range. My first choice would be the KoAloha Opio and second choice would be the Pono MT that Kissing suggested. I once owned the Pono acacia tenor and it was a good ukulele, I think, but I didn't love it's tone. Currently, among other ukuleles, I own the Pono MB- the baritone version of the Pono MT and I love it's deep rich tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerick9255 View Post
    Here's a novel idea go to a store and play both sizes and see which you like better.
    I agree. What's comfortable for one person is uncomfortable for another. $400 will buy a nice uke, no matter what size.
    Laura

Haʻina ʻia mai ana ka puana

Quote Originally Posted by kissing View Post
    You have been making a LOT of posts lately, asking the same questions over and over, constantly doubting yourself.
    Make up your own mind. Stop asking people to tell you what to do!

There's no objectively "better" ukulele. You need to choose for yourself what you like.
    If you ask 1000 people, you will get 1000 unique answers. There's no right answer.
    I think this comes across as a little harsh - although perhaps a single thread might have served the OP just as well

Certainly there is no objectively 'better' but if you asked 1000 people I would think it highly unlikely that you would get 1000 unique answers. Much more likely is that you would see some consensus begin to emerge. The OP has had considerable fewer than 1000 responses to his various questions and already there can be seen a lean toward the Pono and Kala brands. Surely that's a valuable function of a forum like this. And I feel that people shouldn't be discouraged from accessing the hive mind

Edit: I post from the perspective of someone very familiar with 'pre-significant-purchase-anxiety-syndrome'.
    Last edited by jollyboy; 03-27-2016 at 06:44 AM.

Thread Information