Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I love the ukulele

Manalishi Guest

Default Why I love the ukulele

I only started about four/five weeks ago,with an absolutly bottom-entry-level
    Mahalo Soprano.Then I got a Kauai Concert size, and for the past three weeks or so, I have been learning the chords.I have played guitar forever,so I understand the theory and structures,but am having to get used to the different shapes,for the same chord,as it were! So okay, I have been strumming away playing all the stuff I know from guitar (Dylan,Beatles etc) and then two days ago, I got the chords and lyrics for 'Five Feet Two,Eyes Of Blue' and attempted to play it.After about ten minutes, I was okay with the chords, (still working on the words,but it's coming....) And I got such a buzz, it took me back to the first guitar song I ever learned (a Bob Dylan,strangely). And having read through the forums, I came to a blinding revelation,that most of you have of course already found;that the ukulele is FUN!!!! Forget the halfwits who sneer and think it's a joke instrument, I must have spent about four hours a day on the uke recently (just retired,plenty of time!) and at no time has it remotely seemed like a chore.This is music,from a basic level (mine) up to the standard of a lot of folk I have seen on youtube and other sites,who can fingerpick for planet Earth!
    Just glad I made the decision to give it a go. It's a 'keeper',as a hobby!!!

congrats man!
    another one on the bandwagon

congrats on your new hobby! "five foot two" was the first song i learned and it's still a joy to play. best of luck with your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by russ_buss View Post
    congrats on your new hobby! "five foot two" was the first song i learned and it's still a joy to play. best of luck with your journey.
    Oh, I thought that was your height! Or were you talking about Ken Middleton?
    -Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

Quote Originally Posted by UKISOCIETY View Post
    lolz 3867

Quote Originally Posted by UKISOCIETY View Post
    a little bit of both. 12 more posts and you turn into a pumpkin!!! (a very sexy pumpkin)

a little bit of both. 12 more posts and you turn into a pumpkin!!! (a very sexy pumpkin)
    I'm changing my name to Peter!

I'm tryin', I'm tryin'!

-Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

Quote Originally Posted by ukisociety View Post
    i'm tryin', i'm tryin'!

ukindoit!!

Thread Information