Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is that normal?

Default is that normal?

i just bought my first ukulele makala mk-s and when i strum it it sounds like ukulele of death not of joy and happines. its just my strumming or instrument? i tunned it with android app and also checked it on google page where i can hear all strings how they sound and it sounded exactly like there i dont know whats the problem? and also when i tune them strings feels really relaxed, i mean i can drag 3 of them one pile easily

Default is that normal?

i just bought my first ukulele makala mk-s and when i strum it it sounds like ukulele of death not of joy and happines. its just my strumming or instrument? i tunned it with android app and also checked it on google page where i can hear all strings how they sound and it sounded exactly like there i dont know whats the problem?

Beware the ukulele of death...

Could be the strings - a new Makala might have had Aquilas put on it but then again it might not. If not it might have stock nylon strings on it, which aren't always so great.

Could be the tuning - a clip on tuner would serve you well here just to be sure that you are tuning up okay. Floppy strings sounds a bit suspicious.

Could just be you
    Last edited by jollyboy; 03-29-2016 at 06:28 AM.

A sound sample would really tell us what's wrong.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Can you be more specific? "Ukulele of death" doesn't tell me what's wrong with the sound.
    Laura

Haʻina ʻia mai ana ka puana

it was my bad. but the ukulele really sounded awful. i watched one video where he said factory relax ukes before shipping so first time you tune you have to tune it a lot i mean spin those things. and yeah its ok now and im learning few strumming patterns

Death Uke, a sub-genre of Death Metal maybe?

Have you looked for recordings of your uke on youtube to know if youre in the ballpark?

All ukuleles should have a name........your ukulele of death is now known as the "Grim Reaper"

When strings are new they continue to stretch and sound like death at first. Play it for 4-6 hours to let them stretch and settle before calling it bad names
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

I dunno, I got a nice Korala all plastic polycarbonate ukulele yesterday and even that sounds pretty good. Suprisingly good infact!
    Try a string change!
    Last edited by cml; 03-29-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    "A yawn is a desperate, silent scream for coffee."

Timms Style 0 Solid Mahogany Soprano, KoAloha KCM-00 Solid Koa Concert, CML Electric Concert Ukulele, Korala PUC-20-BK Solid Plastic Concert , CML Solid Western Red Cedar/Spalted Curly Maple Tenor

Thread Information