FS: Moore Bettah Tenor Ukulele #1316 - Alphonse Mucha inspired inlay

Hollisdwyer said:
Considering recent MB auction prices at HMS and the quality of this particular instrument, I think it's very fairly priced.

So if you can't sell the instrument here, contact Andrew, and see if he'd be interested in setting up an auction at HMS.

For such a lovely instrument, it might very well be worth doing - and even if you have to send it to him, he is an Honorable person,and will treat both the MB, and you, with respect and dignity.

-Kurt​

The Muse of Dance is called Terpsichore. The internet has some interesting stories about the muses and Terpsichore. Apart from the price and build standard, the idea of a ukulele with Terpsichore set into the headstock is an amazing musical/dance concept which borders into the world of fine art. Which possibly sets it apart from your run of the mill custom uke. Some one who has a strong interest in dance and music really needs to get hold of this uke, despite the purchase price, not just a collector looking to fill a space on a shelf.

Interesting info. It is gorgeous and a piece of fine art anyone would be proud to own and play.

Maybe you can auction it sell 100 tickets for $100. I could buy an auction ticket for $100. I wish I could afford this. It is really gorgeous.

Sounds good, maybe even 200 tickets for $50. Each. Then that would include shipping and paypal fees.

Maybe you can auction it sell 100 tickets for $100. I could buy an auction ticket for $100. I wish I could afford this. It is really gorgeous.

Best not to go there. Online auctions are OK. Online raffles are considered to be illegal gambling in most states.

Last edited:
Looks stunning but way too much money for a uke!

What's a diamond but a bunch of carbon that got smashed together under one of Chuck's dead mastodons? The only difference between gold and lead is people like the way light bounces off of gold better. And gold is somewhat rare, of course. But gold is still gold—at the end of the day, one chunk is the same as another. Take another look at that uke. There's only one of those anywhere on the planet. That's not just an uke; that's art.

Isn't this supposed to be a "For Sale" thread...?

Considering the results of the last two HMS MB auctions I am amazed that this beautiful instrument is not already in someone else's hands.

Considering the results of the last two HMS MB auctions I am amazed that this beautiful instrument is not already in someone else's hands.

I don't know if this anything to do with it, but those auctions had a very professional sound clip of the instruments. That helps a lot for fingerstyle players like me. I can't even contemplate putting out that kind of crazy money without knowing exactly how the instrument sounds.

Last edited:
**Deleted**

Last edited:
I had no idea who Chuck Moore was when I ordered my MB. His profile fit what I was looking for to build my commemoration uke for a life well lived and he agreed to build it. I bought because of the sound and his personal attitude towards life. Bling and collectability never came to mind.

I'm sure there are those who buy a MB for collectability but I feel more buy because of playability and Chucks wonderful spirit.

Is this sold yet? I thought for sure this would be gone by now.

The ukulele is now SOLD (Pending Funds). Thanks to everyone for your kind words and your interest

I'm glad for you the new conservator and me for not having to dream about it.

Top Bottom