Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD -New 2016 KoAloha Concert (Final Update)

Default NUD -New 2016 KoAloha Concert (Final Update)

As some of you may know, a couple of weeks ago I purchased a used KoAloha from the forums. I was unhappy with the re-finish job someone applied to it so I emailed KoAloha to see if I could pay to have it fixed. Anyways, without getting into detail of what happened, I just wanted to show my brand new KoAloha concert! It's the 2016 version with the abalone headstock and all. I am at a loss for words. It is better than anything I could have hoped for. I've been dreaming of owning a KoAloha since I first started and this more than makes up for what happened a couple of weeks ago. I'm a horrible photographer and I can't seem to get it's true color when I take a picture, but the top is much darker than the pictures show. It's INSANELY shiny, I can't believe it. I can't take a picture without getting a reflection in it. The wood grain is stunning in person also, and it's hard to capture it on camera fully. Don't even get me started on the sound. Hands down the best sounding uke I've ever played, even better than the 2003 KoAloha I had with the finish problems. Build date - February 2016

Here are some pics!
    IMG_2848.jpgIMG_2825.jpgIMG_2827.jpgIMG_2820.jpg

After a bit of editing, the first picture now looks accurate to how it looks in person. The natural light just makes it look so much lighter.

I did a little unboxing video, basically for myself if I ever wanted to go back and watch it. I always wished I did one for my first uke so I could relive the moment I opened it, so I'll upload that shortly.

One more thing. KoAloha, hands down has the best customer service I have ever seen in my life. They truly care about their customer and treat you like you're family. All of the stories you've heard are true. If you ever have the opportunity to talk to them or purchase one of their ukes, you will not be disappointed. I can never thank them enough.

Here's the unboxing video, it's a bit long so if you just want to hear a sound sample, I'll leave it down in the posts!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kyle23; 04-14-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Its beautiful! Congrats and thanks for sharing the story about Koaloha's great service
    Noob for life.

Looks awesome Kyle! Glad it all worked out for you.
    Covered Bridge Cedar/Myrtle Tenor
    KoAloha Longneck Soprano
    Concert Flea
    Mele Mahogany Tenor
    Mele Mahogany Concert Pineapple
    Mainland Mahogany Soprano
    50's Roy Smeck Soprano
    guitars, mandolin, fiddle, harmonica

Congratulations Kyle, I am so happy for you. Koaloha certainly lives up to and beyond their reputation and well deserved accolades. That is a beautiful instrument and if it sounds this good already then you have a real keeper on your hands.

It makes me want to buy another Koaloha...............like I need a reason to buy another uke

Well done, you deserve it so enjoy it for a long long time.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by MARKbOC View Post
    Its beautiful! Congrats and thanks for sharing the story about Koaloha's great service
    Thank you. They really are great people.

Quote Originally Posted by deschutestrout View Post
    Looks awesome Kyle! Glad it all worked out for you.
    Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

BTW here's a quick sound sample. It does look much darker on video than the pics. It's about that dark in person also.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Congratulations Kyle, I am so happy for you. Koaloha certainly lives up to and beyond their reputation and well deserved accolades. That is a beautiful instrument and if it sounds this good already then you have a real keeper on your hands.

It makes me want to buy another Koaloha...............like I need a reason to buy another uke

Well done, you deserve it so enjoy it for a long long time.
    Thanks for everything Dave. You definitely should. I'm actually thinking about a tenor yeah right, maybe in 5 years! I can assure you it will never be sold/traded. This is a lifelong-er given the circumstances.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle23 View Post
    Thank you. They really are great people.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

BTW here's a quick sound sample. It does look much darker on video than the pics. It's about that dark in person also.
    Wow mate, what an excellent result, the customer service at KoAloha is totally first class!

I also love the way you play, you have a lovely touch, thanks for sharing.
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Quote Originally Posted by Camsuke View Post
    Wow mate, what an excellent result, the customer service at KoAloha is totally first class!

I also love the way you play, you have a lovely touch, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to hear you sound good, because that's what it's all about!
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Congrats, Kyle! It's beautiful and sounds as good as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by guitharsis View Post
    Congrats, Kyle! It's beautiful and sounds as good as it looks.
    Thanks for dealing with my excitement over the past week or so haha. She's a real beaut.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Thread Information