KoAloha KSM-02 Koa Long Neck (Super) Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
******* I AM ALSO OPEN TO TRADES. A tenor neck is preferable. Something different would be nice. Can trade up and add $$$ or trade down and accept $$$. *****

Interested in LN Concerts, RISA Uke'Ellie-Tenor, Pineapple Tenor... WHATCHA GOT?

******* ITS" TIME TO GET THIS SOLD OR TRADED. MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER. ************

Pictures can be seen at:

https://goo.gl/photos/eQu2CqBSQe3jv7Kj8

Pictures taken outside. There are various shadows and reflections that I tried to cover but some are there.

For those that know me, I am as descriptive as I can be, sometimes overly so. For those that don't, check me out from my previous posts. Lots of references here.

Okay. It's time to put this very nice KoAloha KSM-02 Long Neck (Super) Soprano with Concert scale neck into the hands of someone who will play it.

Part of the following is the previous owner's description and it is peppered with my comments. All together it gives a fair and accurate description of the Uke today.

This is the KoAloha KSM-02 and is was born in December, 2009. It is the Long Neck (Super) Soprano with Concert scale neck. It has the little black mark on the label defining it as a second. Between the bridge and the sound hole there is a repair where the two pieces of the top separated. The previous owner told me that he bought it from the factory with the repair, and that was what made it a second.

When I run my finger across it, I cannot feel anything but smooth material. There is supposedly some dishing at the bridge, but I cannot see it nor does it make a difference in the feel or sound. Below the bridge, running your fingers across the body, you can feel a small scratch, and various places across the front you can see little marks. This makes no difference in the sound or the overall look of the Uke. Otherwise the uke is in very nice used condition. It plays beautifully, and I think it has exceptionally striking Koa. It did not come with a case, but it will be packed extremely safely. It is very small and lightweight, so a case should cost you very little.

If you are looking for pristine, then this isn't for you. If you want a fine sounding, looking, and constructed Uke, this may do it for you. It is loud and distinct.

Taking into account my cost, PayPal fees and shipping, I can offer this for the newly reduced price of $535 PP F&F (preferably) shipped & insured to you in the CONUS. This was just reduced for a quick sale.

Thanks for reading.

Pictures can be seen at:

https://goo.gl/photos/eQu2CqBSQe3jv7Kj8

Pictures taken outside. There are various shadows and reflections that I tried to cover but some are there.

Last edited:
If you don't own a KoAloha and you are looking at this thread then just PM him now before someone else gets this one.
I just got my first KoAloha, a soprano, and it has blown me away in every aspect. It wasn't a step up but a leap up from my Pono.

These are so well-built that even that repair is not an issue. What you cannot see in the photos is a brace that runs across the soundboard between the soundhole and the bridge. This brace is box-shaped and is attached to the sides and back too, which gives great strength to the build. Why say this? to ease your mind about that one issue with the repair.
Also, the slight wear means it was played and that should cause that koa wood to open up even more. Sounds like a bonus to me.

Good lucky Lenny.

Last edited:
I have to say, this is an incredible deal! Lenny is a top bloke. You can't go wrong with this one.

For anyone considering this Uke, Koaloha has exceptional standards and they'll designate a uke a second for even very slight blemishes. I've owned a factory second and the only flaw I could find was a slight scratch below the bridge below the varnish. Not something I would have even noticed had I not been looking with a magnifying glass! It otherwise has performed perfectly. I can't speak to this particular uke, but just thought I'd add my comments for anyone concerned about purchasing a factory second.

Lenny is great to deal with as well. I'd be buying this myself if I didn't already have 2 Koalohas.

An elite uke among long neck sopranos and at a great price.

KoAloha's are outstanding instruments! This is a great deal that I'm not able to make right now, but someone will get a great ukulele at a very fair price!

Thanks for all the nice comments by Johnson, Matty, Vinson, Phil and JMort.

I've had some interest, but the trigger hasn't been pulled yet, so the price has been reduced to $535 shipped CONUS.

Last edited:
im really interested what is "shipped CONUS?"?

CONUS stands for Continental United States.

As I remember you mentioned you are out of the U.S., I would need to know where you are so I can get shipping rates.

Thanks for your interest.

BTW, you have commented a few times on some posts and PM's have been sent your way. You only have 50 PM's before your box is filled and no more can be received. This included both received and sent. So it's always a good idea to clean it up. Or become a UU VIP and the number jumps to 300. It'a also a great way to support the forum.

I didn't know that. I thought it was Continental United States, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Learn something new every day.

Alaska is part of North America ... but, I always referred to it as continental US too. Contiguous makes more sense, and is a much cooler word :)

Wasn't Alaska part of Russia? And Santa's workshop is up in the mountains up there?

Wasn't Alaska part of Russia? And Santa's workshop is up in the mountains up there?

Wait... how do you know where Santa lives? Are Canadians privy to knowledge that is kept hidden from US citizens?
I always had a feeling my government was hiding something from me; now I know it is true.

Wait... how do you know where Santa lives? Are Canadians privy to knowledge that is kept hidden from US citizens?
I always had a feeling my government was hiding something from me; now I know it is true.

That was very funny. Lol:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sorry Lenny. Back to your regular programming folks.

I didn't know that. I thought it was Continental United States, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Learn something new every day.

yeah, that's what it means to most people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom