Bandsaw question

Impressive! Do you get cuts as advertised? or is this somewhat of an exageration?
I find it depends on the weld on the blade joint ..if it makes a noise (clonk) every time the join hits the wood then it leaves a mark in the finish..but if the welded join is smooth and in line then it works great leaving a good finish, but its best if you allow enough for sanding anyway...here is a demo video i did in 2016 on side ribs getting 7 to an inch on my old SIP 14".
https://www.facebook.com/janetmaureen.timms.5/videos/603046189871963/

Last edited:
I find it depends on the weld on the blade joint ..if it makes a noise (clonk) every time the join hits the wood then it leaves a mark in the finish..but if the welded join is smooth and in line then it works great leaving a good finish, but its best if you allow enough for sanding anyway...here is a demo video i did in 2016 on side ribs getting 7 to an inch on my old SIP 14".
https://www.facebook.com/janetmaureen.timms.5/videos/603046189871963/

Heard back from Tuff Saws - no availability in the US.

;-{

eclipsme, what blade are you using now?

I've come to really like the woodslicer blades from Highland. There are a few other saw shops using the same stock to make blades under different names. It's somewhat similar to the blade Timbuck referenced in that it has irregular teeth that aren't all sized/spaced the same.

eclipsme, what blade are you using now?

I've come to really like the woodslicer blades from Highland. There are a few other saw shops using the same stock to make blades under different names. It's somewhat similar to the blade Timbuck referenced in that it has irregular teeth that aren't all sized/spaced the same.

Yes, I have been looking at the woodslicer. It has been quite a while since I bought my current blade. I think it is a Timberwolf, but really not sure. I thought it did a pretty good job but after looking at the woodslicer, I am not so sure! 3 to 4 tpi was confusing until it was explained. Now it seems genius.

I too have been using the Woodslicer blades from Highland for a few years now and I am quite fond of them.

Top Bottom