Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NUD: Blackbird Farallon

Nice playing in the sound samples! Sounds really good. Enjoyed the back-to-back comparisons. As a former Clara owner, I've been planning to get another in due time. The Farallon sounds really great and may edge the Clara on sound alone, but then there is portability, and. Doh! Eenie, meanie, minie, moh! ;-)
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Congratulations! What a great uke.
    3 things:
    1. Almost indestructible
    2. Sustainable materials
    3. Superior sound
    These things are going to make more and more people want them. I know I do! Now, when the price comes down to affordable.....
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I want one. Thank you for post. I'd love to hear a BTU vrs Farallon due to another posted comments about sound. I like spruce tops but also really liked the sound of the Farallon. I pay High g so........... would love to hear more of that. I agree with Nickie.......... those three things are going to push a lot of people to Blackbird plus the design and the sound. I have three solid tops Tenors I now baby with humidifiers and think one of these might just be the ticket. Congratulation on the Ukulele and thanks for posting.

Heyyyy, I've gotten my Farallon as well and I love it!! Bought my Clara last year and this year the new Farallon. I'm done- 2 perfect ukuleles as far as I'm concerned. Since I have my Clara in low g, I've strung my Farallon in high g with Ken Middleton's Living Water strings. The Farallon has wonderful sustain and tonal quality- it projects well and the tone is rich and beautiful, playability great. I am very very glad I bought one!

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaQ View Post
    Heyyyy, I've gotten my Farallon as well and I love it!! Bought my Clara last year and this year the new Farallon. I'm done- 2 perfect ukuleles as far as I'm concerned. Since I have my Clara in low g, I've strung my Farallon in high g with Ken Middleton's Living Water strings. The Farallon has wonderful sustain and tonal quality- it projects well and the tone is rich and beautiful, playability great. I am very very glad I bought one!
    Congratulations! I'm enjoying mine more every day. The solid feel of a one-piece neck+body seems much more noticeable on Farallon than on Clara, and I also like Farallon's tiny neck heel, which makes the upper frets a lot more accessible. I'm looking forward to others' reactions to this fun new instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaQ View Post
    You really must do a NUD, they are such wonderful instruments and they are so new. The fact you have yours in high G a sound sample would be a real treat for all of us. Congratulations to both of you for being the first with these unique tenors
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by RichM View Post
    I appreciate this update! I had a Clara and loved the tone, but found the shape awkward and ultimately kind of uncomfortable to play. The Farallon's more traditional shape is much more inviting.
    Completely agree. I liked the Clara for it's tone and playability (great action and easy neck), but the body was awkward and slippery to hold. The new shape looks great.

-Steve

Assume this comes with a padded gig bag... if so, does anyone know if this will fit into a standard tenor hard shell case, like an Oahu?

Thanks,

Steve

Congratulations and happy strummings
    Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    Assume this comes with a padded gig bag... if so, does anyone know if this will fit into a standard tenor hard shell case, like an Oahu?

Thanks,

Steve
    Yes, my Farallon came with a padded (Access) gig bag, and it fits nicely in the Oahu hard shell case that came with another recent tenor purchase.

Thread Information