Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making Friends through UU

Default Making Friends through UU

I have been very lucky to meet people in this forum and that we live close enough to become good friends in person - bonded by UAS virus.
    Just curious how many are as lucky as us meet through UU and become friends outside cyber space?

There doesn't seem to be anyone in my neck of the woods.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    There doesn't seem to be anyone in my neck of the woods.
    Is there any where near Liverpool?

Let me count the folks I have met in person -

Decaturcomp
    Southside Mike
    The Ukelites (a couple of times, and will be playing at their Uke Fest in about a week)
    Peewee
    Pueo
    Gyosh
    mmstan
    Len
    Andrew Kitakis
    hendule
    Mark Segelman
    Kim Jorgensen

and I am sure I have missed some too. I travel a bit, so all of these folks are from out of town. Still hoping to meet up with PeaceTrain and others here in the Phoenix area.

So yes. And they are a wonderful group of folks. If good friends means people you really like, even if you only see them occasionally, then yes, in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie44 View Post
    Let me count the folks I have met in person -

Decaturcomp
    Southside Mike
    The Ukelites (a couple of times, and will be playing at their Uke Fest in about a week)
    Peewee
    Pueo
    Gyosh
    mmstan
    Len
    Andrew Kitakis
    hendule
    Mark Segelman
    Kim Jorgensen

and I am sure I have missed some too. I travel a bit, so all of these folks are from out of town. Still hoping to meet up with PeaceTrain and others here in the Phoenix area.

So yes. And they are a wonderful group of folks. If good friends means people you really like, even if you only see them occasionally, then yes, in spades.
    It's about time you travel up north to Canada so you can add us to your list.

I always find it intriguing, in this age of the internet (forums, emails, Facebook), how we define "friends".

Someone who would help you select uke strings? Yes.

Someone who would loan you two-hundred bucks? Probably not.

Someone who can give you true and deep advice about your crumbling marriage? No.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    I always find it intriguing, in this age of the internet (forums, emails, Facebook), how we define "friends".
    My definition: someone who I would be willing to give an airport ride to

By that definition, I've met a few thru UU.

let me try this one....

Grennie44(Rick),MM Stan,Geetee(Greg),MDS725(Mark),Tigeralum(CJ and his family)Gyosh(Gary and his family),Chuck Moore(and Bonnie),Andrew Kitakis(and his family)Corey Fujimoto,Sarah and Craig(Chee),WickedWahine11(Staci and her Mom)Joshpoygi(Jason),Big Phil(and Jennifer),Kekani(Aaron Oya),Aaron at HMS,Eric DeVine,Pueo(Damon), Aldrine, Rick Turner(Compass Rose).Jake(Hive Ukulele)..many many more...and a whole bunch of people who if I ever meet will feel like I have known them forever.....Thanks to the UU...if someone gives me their time for a few minutes or a day I for sure call them friends....
    Last edited by hawaii 50; 05-02-2016 at 08:13 AM.
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

I wish...........

I've met a few people here in Los Angeles who are on UU and even though I don't see them very often, I would consider them a friend just from the post interactions we've had. Sometimes I didn't even know their UU handle, like yesterday I found out who ShibaUke is, definitely a friend.

I'm a member of the Los Angelukes group, but there's never any activity. I was the last one to post there in August of 2013, the only other post was in 2009. I know, I'm going to treat that as Talk Bass does, strictly for listing purposes, which I'll show in my signature.
    Last edited by kohanmike; 05-02-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Thread Information